First motorcycle. Good deal or not?

I've been talking to the guy for a while and he says

-2002 GSXR 750

-32000 Miles

-Runs great just out shop

-Over $1000 in parts plus over $1500 in extra mods

-Title is messsed up so I will sale with bill of sale and all paperwork I have

Says he needs to sell for bills and to get a truck.

I've offered him $2000, and he said when can I come get it.. I realize this bike is worth more than that, but what should I do? This is my first bike, and I don't know what to look for.. This seems almost like a steal.

3pe3oe3le5T65Z05U3b8725e3257ad7381fcc.jpg

3n43p43o25P65S55R4b879a5b3f388b7e1278.jpg

3me3ob3l55Z25U45X5b8799a9705dea45107c.jpg

He also said he has the mirrors and he'd put them on before he sold it to me.

Any input?

750 is big for a first bike I wouldnt get anything bigger than 600 but the aside it sounds like a decent deal to me if it's been well taken care of

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

You think $2000 sounds like a good price? I mean, I might turn around and just sell it to get something smaller.. But I was first in line for this bike, so he's holding it for me for today.

A Gixxer for you first bike?

Mhm, I'll probably be dead soon, but nah.. I'm just needing something for 2-3 miles, twice a day. on a back road with no traffic. And I realize a moped or dirt bike would be great for this, but I really just want a nice sports bike.. I have an obsession..

750 is big for a first bike I wouldnt get anything bigger than 600 but the aside it sounds like a decent deal to me if it's been well taken care of

i had a 750 for my 1st bike when i was 15(parents where getting a divorce so prety much anything was free game for my attention) and i admit i busted my shit plenty of times but after like 4 times i get the hang of it just start off slow and its not a steal of a deal but its better then average i would do it

CAR

-2005 Ford Mustang (Legand Lime)

H/U

-Pioneer avh 3200dvd

Amps

2 AQ 3500d.1s strapped 1ohm daily .25burps

1Sundown Audio 100.4

1 Sundown Audio 125.2

Subs

4 AQ HDC'4s 12's

Mids and highs

4 Sundown Neo Pro 8s

2 AQ Super Tweeters

Electronical

Mechman 270 unit

1 D3400

2 D3100's

WALLED!

Where's the windscreen? What type of title issues? 32k miles what type of major services have been done? When was the last valve adjustment? How are the tires/brakes/chain & sprockets? Check all of the cables make sure you don't notice any excess drag from a possible frayed/worn cable, check all the bearings/seals, look for oil leaks, check the clutch adjustment and note when it starts to release, look for fork seal leaks, etc. Also hold up a piece of paper behind the exhaust on start up, and when you rev it and look for oil.

32k is not bad mileage on a bike that's been taken care of, if it's not been taken care of than it could be a time bomb for you. The old Gixxers are nice bikes, ride really well, and can be dead reliable. The 750 might be a handful to learn on, atleast it's an older one and not one of the newer more high-strung ones.

Personally I'd look for a newer EX500, Ninja 650, SV650, or GS500 to learn on. All are more forgiving, easy to learn on and can be found relatively cheap.

-Zach-

2010 Toyota Tundra
Full Hybrid Audio SQ

7" BDS on 37's

2000 Ford Expedition

160+ dB Green Turd -SOLD- :(

I've only got $2000 cash right now to spend on one. I've got all the gear though. Thank you for that list of things to check, I was looking for something like that. I know what to look for on cars, but on bikes, I am clueless.. That's why I'm so skeptical about this purchase..

Take it. That 750s a good first bike. Newer 600s have more power. Some of my friends have that bike and its very easy to ride. A little wide but once you get used to the weight you'll be good especially for the price.

How tall are you and what's your body build?

I really want too.. and I'm 170lbs 6'0. I'm pretty skinny with just average muscle.

I've only got $2000 cash right now to spend on one. I've got all the gear though. Thank you for that list of things to check, I was looking for something like that. I know what to look for on cars, but on bikes, I am clueless.. That's why I'm so skeptical about this purchase..

I'm just especially sketchy about the title issues. You're not far from my area, look on the Atlanta craigslist. You can typically find good older gixxers cheap. I'd highly recommend a full fairing SV650 to learn on, awesome bikes that you won't grow tired of fast.

-Zach-

2010 Toyota Tundra
Full Hybrid Audio SQ

7" BDS on 37's

2000 Ford Expedition

160+ dB Green Turd -SOLD- :(

Archived