Bet you've never heard a street car like this

doug118

Remember, it's not a computer controlled tune. You would have to play with the carb and distributor just to switch gas for a few runs at the track. That means dyno time @ $100/hr for the race gas tune then another $100/hr to go back to the pump gas tune. It only has a 10 gallon fuel cell and the closest track is 114 miles away. That's about $1000 in gas to get to and from the track.

Are the going to be circuit cars or just drag strip btw

Sorry if i skipped that part of the post

Neither. They will be commuter cars driven everywhere from work, dinner, grocery shopping, etc but will have serious balls on the highway when needed

Remember, it's not a computer controlled tune. You would have to play with the carb and distributor just to switch gas for a few runs at the track. That means dyno time @ $100/hr for the race gas tune then another $100/hr to go back to the pump gas tune. It only has a 10 gallon fuel cell and the closest track is 114 miles away. That's about $1000 in gas to get to and from the track.

I didn't think about that. I'm used to just plugging in my tuner/laptop at the track, and changing it back when i'm done. I'm sure 980 is plenty anyway.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

I didn't think about that. I'm used to just plugging in my tuner/laptop at the track, and changing it back when i'm done. I'm sure 980 is plenty anyway.

980whp @ 2888lbs, which is factory weight and so we know it doesn't actually weigh that much.

You see what it does in 1st and 2nd. It does the same in 3rd too. Haven't had the chance to try 4th yet but I'm sure it's the same as the first 3 gears on street tires.

ENGINE

LSX 408, Callies Magnum crank, Callies h-beam rods, Mahle pistons, DM Perfromance main girdle, ARP main studs, ARP 12 point head studs, 853 head castings, cnc'd, LS9 head gaskets, Allstar radiator with 1/2 Moroso overflow in hatch, Meziere electric water pump with all, 16an lines, Proflow intake, NW 90mm throttle body BS3 with DAI

TURBO

Custom truck manifold kit, Bullseye Power S480 with race cover, 60mm wastegate, 50mm Tial BOV, 4" thick A2A intercooler MSD Boost controller

TRANSMISSION

TH400, JW Ultrabel, TCI RMVB with brake, B&M deep aluminum pan B&M supercooler with fan under car, B&M supercooler in aluminum tank in hatch for ice, B&M Prostick with magnum grip, custom Ultimate Converter Concepts converter, TCI flexplate

The car ran A/A, because I did drive it daily, and my fiance liked to ride along, and really didn't want her sitting on the IC, LOL!! The car was also a full interior, front and rear seats!

The rear end was an 8.8" with 9" end caps running a 3.27 gear and 40 spline axels.

As for "street driven" to "daily driven" I took this car at a very moderate low tuning and it barely passed emissions. Also I ran at an ultimate street car competition 30 mile drive, then back-back hot laps for best time average. Car went 8.34 @ 168 then 8.39 @ 169 both runs had a 60ft of between 1.24 &1.3. So I hope that gives you better insight into how it ran what it ran!

Pioneer AVH480

Zapco ST5XII amplifier

Stevens Audio 6.5" components (passive)

Onyx Subwoofer

Sky High OFC wiring

At license bureau

190971_1684866639423_1170337675_31427308_2160485_o.jpg

At BW3 for dinner!

220671_1769997847650_1170337675_31544503_8267598_o.jpg

Oh and on my way to work! 30min drive all summer!

202066_1701806422907_1170337675_31448526_6764788_o.jpg

So yeah I drove her daily, put like 4500 miles last summer of highway use to and from work, and occasionally got stuck on the 45 min drive home from the track when friends race cars broke.

Pioneer AVH480

Zapco ST5XII amplifier

Onyx Subwoofer

Sky High OFC wiring

But I will say, the builds you have are badass! I just think the turbo sitting up so high leaves little to the imagination, I like them low and secluded. I used to run a stock hood before I changed the intake!

Pioneer AVH480

Zapco ST5XII amplifier

Onyx Subwoofer

Sky High OFC wiring

Well I retract my statement. I say the word driven and I'm sure you know from being on other forums, if people with builds like these drive their car 3 miles a week, they will call it street "driven". I am impressed with your build also. I was unaware that someone made a truck manifold kit. We just made a single turbo setup using reverse mounted truck manifolds.

How do you like the 400 trans? The rx7 has one but may be switched out due to how much power is lost with them

I loved the 400, granted the 3 speed did suck for highway use, but with the 3.27 gearing it usually sat around 3-3500 @ 70mph. Running the e85 was nice too, basically like running 110 for half the cost. Always loved topping off the tank cheaper than my fiance's Blazer, lol!

But yeah I loved to drive this car around town, pick up supplies for my stereo stuff at home depot was a trip too. No matter where I went people would ask about the car, and I never got pulled over for the parachute, which was hilarious. I can remember going to my boys shop to see his turbo'd notch, sitting at a light, and a state police car pulls up next to me, I do the oh shit, and he gives a head nod and drives off. Nothing better!

The car actually put down 1128.9 rwhp @ 18psi, and 1095 rwtq! She was a runner, I loved messing with the little import douches around here that thought they were gods gift to the world. They loved to run on the roll, in which I would roll past roasting the tires, they usually backed off real quick!

Pioneer AVH480

Zapco ST5XII amplifier

Onyx Subwoofer

Sky High OFC wiring

Archived