Sonic Electronix

Heard of him from various members, but hadn't seen his work yet. It looks great, sounds great, and puts most people's (who hate on Sony) systems to shame. Just goes to show that it's not about the equipment, but the install.

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

Heard of him from various members, but hadn't seen his work yet. It looks great, sounds great, and puts most people's (who hate on Sony) systems to shame. Just goes to show that it's not about the equipment, but the install.

Exactly right. It's 80% install. I want to see what would happen, though, if the same attention to detail was applied to DC or AQ gear.

Now, I've had sony amps before. Average fare. I've had Sony headunits. They newer they are, the shorter they last. I have not purchased a Sony Sub. After I heard a couple of them in boxes built for them, I wasn't impressed. I don't hate on sony because I think they suck. I hate on them because they're average. The company just seems to have that mentality on car audio that good enough is good enough. JL fits in this category now, not like they used to be in the 90s.

As far as I'm concerned, Sony is in the same boat as Pyle, Lanzar, BOSS, and JL audio. When they were new brands in car audio, they rocked, but now that they're aged, they've settled for good enough and are just coasting on their namesakes' coattails. (Yes, even Pyle was a decent brand way back when.) I don't see that mentality in brands like DC, DD, AQ... they don't settle and continue to innovate. Even RF as old as they are (the pretty much pioneered high end car audio) is keeping the ball rolling so age shouldn't have anything to do with it.

We are not in car audio because we will settle for what big names say is good enough for us.

/rant

Edited by srp365

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

Must not of seen RF's prime series haha

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

Wire- 1/0 awg welding lead

Electric- Big 3 ^same wire

Subs- 2 Obsidian Audio 12 d4's

Box 4ft^3 ported at 33hz. designed by Ram-Designs

:drinks:

goes to show that ya dont need dc aq fi ssa high dollar to go big...

:clapping:

and a broken clock is still right twice a day. Doesn't mean that Sony is any good, really. I bet if the same dollar amount was spent on AQ with the same quality of install, it'd be louder.

EDIT: I mean no disrespect to OKI by the way. He has mad skills and I'm sure that sony works for him... The man's got his reasons i'm sure.

Edited by srp365

2007 Pacifica

I'll give you that.

But I have seen their Constant Power, and that's a real innovation. :drinks:

2007 Pacifica

I'll give you that.

But I have seen their Constant Power, and that's a real innovation. :drinks:

You're right the CP is sick!! But all those companies basically market to an entire different crowd!! I'm kinda happy that they exist so that every kid that wants to spend 1k on a system with NO knowledge can't be as loud as me! Only the people that study and put their blood sweat and tears into this will be able to hang, and that's why it's my hobbie :) let those companies make their low end shit with high end prices, so the people that want to be posers can waste their money instead of working at it like me

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

Wire- 1/0 awg welding lead

Electric- Big 3 ^same wire

Subs- 2 Obsidian Audio 12 d4's

Box 4ft^3 ported at 33hz. designed by Ram-Designs