Second Skin Audio

Help My New Sub Wont Play Loud

Mr Godly

youre hooking your woofer up to your deck

iv already had 2 12" Duals hooked up to it they play fine but the 1500 watt one wont

If its wires in series at 2 ohms, it likely isnt going to work right with that kenwood.

Wire it in parallel to get a 8 ohm load.

What other speakers are connected to the kenwood? What ohm load are they?

im confused with parralell wireing

You have a home theater receiver in your car? Cutting corners won't get you a good result in car audio ever. Just get yourself a proper amp.

And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle ;)

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth..

B5 Passat Build Log

postedimagel.png

You have a home theater receiver in your car? Cutting corners won't get you a good result in car audio ever. Just get yourself a proper amp.

this is in my room i got 2 15"s and 3 12"s i got got this new sub and this one is a high watt then the others and it stops the connection at a certain point on the kenwood

Connect the positive terminal of ONE coil to the negative terminal of the OTHER coil. Then run the POSITIVE from one coil and the NEGATIVE from the other coil out to the amplifier. This will give you a final impedance of 8 ohms at the reciever.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Car audio, home audio, and pro audio are all different things. Home audio receivers are (generally) made for an 8 ohm speaker. Running one at 2 ohms essentially puts the circuit into a protection and it shuts itself off before it hurts itself.

Current Systems:

2011 BMW 335i

Hertz HDP1

DC LVL3 12" Full Carbon Fiber

2002 Acura Tl
Kenwood DNX9980HD
2 DCLVL4 12" Subs with LVL5 Parts D.7 Coils
DC 3.5k
Hertz HSK-165 up front HCX-165 Rear
Hertz HDP4 Amp
DC Power Engineering 260 Amp Alt
Big 3 and amp powered with KNU 1/0
XS Power D2400 Up Front

i pulled out my dick in class many of times and had it shown. get over it bitch...stupid open legged hairy beavered bitch...

going over rms = smaller box, under rms = bigger box...

Low voltage doesn't blow amps. That's a myth.

A router that does the sub holes makes rounded edges also?

you need to state out alot more specifics. first off, go ask someone in the "home audio" section.

1999 Monte Carlo

Sony CDX-GT34w

2 Alpine Type R 12"s in 4 cubes tuned to 35hz

American Bass VFL 80.1 amp @ 1 ohm (probably doing between 1000 and 1300rms)

Stock alt, Stock batt, Big 3 Upgrade

Boston s55- 5 1/4s (doors)

Boston s95- 6x9s (rear deck)

this is in my room i got 2 15"s and 3 12"s i got got this new sub and this one is a high watt then the others and it stops the connection at a certain point on the kenwood

Okay, this makes more sense. I would go to a place like guitar center and take a look at their amps and Id also recommend a power conditioner.

And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle ;)

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth..

B5 Passat Build Log

postedimagel.png

Archived