Ok so I'm at it again. Except this time I can only do good.

I have a 2002 Mazda Protege LX 2.0L with a blown motor. Now, if you can put 2 and 2 together you know where I'm going with this.

I want to rebuild it. I want to get as much out of it as I can, while still keeping it road legal... kinda. My problem is I don't exactly know what to do first (after pulling the engine out and stripping it to the block, then cleaning and painting it).

Now, before you guys say I'm not experienced enough to be doing this, let me tell you that ''The engine is already finished, I can only do good. If I screw up well, I can just scrap it no big deal.'' I also will be doing this under my uncle (who is a mechanic)'s supervision.

I really want to learn these things and write now I don't have the money to go to school. This is the only way I can learn. Any constructive help will be greatly appreciated. :drinks:

Click Links To View Build Logs

1994 - Mazda B3000 (Daily/Toy/Show)

2002 - Mazda Protege (Daily)

1995 - Hyundai Accent (R.I.P.)

1984 - Bronco II (Restoration Project)

Youtube Channel

:ttiwwop: (: Edited by awall1022

lifted trucks gorgeous sluts a pretty face and slammin bass

My current Set up

Car less :(

I Do Ported Box designs/cutsheets with 3d google sketchup model just PM

i would really want an in-depth guide

Just flip the fucking thing over

use a good machine shop and have them go thru pistons, rod, crank, block and head buy quality parts follow all torque specs r u planning power adders if so what? turbo, super charger? if any of them u need to reprogram cumputer upgrade fule system exsaust will depend on if your going forced injection or na more info on build plans

SKAR_728x90-2.jpg

use a good machine shop and have them go thru pistons, rod, crank, block and head buy quality parts follow all torque specs r u planning power adders if so what? turbo, super charger? if any of them u need to reprogram cumputer upgrade fule system exsaust will depend on if your going forced injection or na more info on build plans

Now I'm getting somewhere.

I was planing on getting shops to do the really important technical stuff that needs super precision. I am going to get new pistons and plan on adding a turbo. Converting it to manual (not a priority).

I do understand the fact that if I do any thing to the engine it affects other components in the vehicle.

Now, when you mention quality parts what companies do you suggest.

I will get pictures and such of the the car this Sunday. It's parked at my grand mothers and she lives an hour away.

If you need more info just ask.

Youtube Channel

Bump. Any more imput? Like places to buy good parts and trustworthy part companies.

Youtube Channel

the big names like crower , brain crower , je pistons, manley perforemance, wiseco just to name a few for engine parts and fuel lab and airamotive for fuel and fuel injecior clinic for injectors {fic} let me know what els your wanting to do and ill try and help the best i can

heres my build if ya wanna check it out im still in the build proses

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/112396-1g-eclipse-gsx-street-build/

Edited by teardrop
SKAR_728x90-2.jpg

Thanks I check a few of the sites out real quick and I found one thing I'm going to get soon.

Youtube Channel

• 2 weeks later...

buy a good micrometer, feeler guage, and a decent bore guage, and look up the specs for the motor, itll tell you whether or not you can reuse the parts or need to get them machined down. Check all bearings for scratches, marks etc this could indicate a bigger problem.