Hummer 4TH order bandpass built by Scott Bowman

Seems double redundant i know.

I just know it works.

One of those things

gotta love those.

i sat down and thought about it last night. an example why is a super strong motor woofer louder with a stiffer spider package? it helps keep the cone more in control, it helps bring the cone back to the stronger point in the stroke faster. a smaller sealed chamber would do something similar to stiffening the suspension to the response.

if the t/s specs from ab are right(doubt it but who knows) these do have pretty strong motors so it makes sense.

My guess is that is why you had so much rise as well with a 20 cube sealed section, your rise will come down as you lower the air space.

the rise isn't a problem, as right now there's enough rise to run the amps at .5 nominal, every frequency we clamped was rising from .5 nominal to just over 1 ohm. although i suppose dropping the rise could get it to where the amps can be ran at 2 ohm nominal and still make some power.

I wish I had a shop doing mine that was willing to just keep tweaking stuff to get it right lol. But 155 is definitely nice man! Hope it gets to where you want tho :drinks:

yea, looks like were fighting to get the best of both worlds now.

sundown_audio_logo-1-1.jpg

I'm happy with the number...just want a more linear response...like 155 @ 41hz...my understanding of the poly-fill is to get a broader bandwidth and lower the f3 point because the poly will "slow down" the wave on the sealed side...not so much make the subs "think they're in a bigger box. Big up to Nick and Scott for laboring on this thing in the heat...Scott's gonna take subs out and remeasure just to make sure sealed side is actually that big before he makes changes...we talked for about an hour last night...and thanks guys for info..learned more in one day how bandpasses work than i did the entire year!

supercharged hummer h2

8 Sundown nightshade v'2 Scott Bowman built 4th order bandpass

2 precision power pcx 4125(mids & hi's)

2 Stetsom 14k2e's

alpine ina-w910

dual Mike Singer350 amp alt

8 kinetic 2400 batteries two shuriken bt 120

1 kinetic 2000 under the hood

link to build log:

My link

And Nick I've never meet you man but really appreciate what your doing...wish your job didn't have you away as much...but trust I understand

supercharged hummer h2

8 Sundown nightshade v'2 Scott Bowman built 4th order bandpass

2 precision power pcx 4125(mids & hi's)

2 Stetsom 14k2e's

alpine ina-w910

dual Mike Singer350 amp alt

8 kinetic 2400 batteries two shuriken bt 120

1 kinetic 2000 under the hood

link to build log:

My link

It's nice to see that everyone's being helpful and not arguing with each other. I hope you get right where you want it soon. With Ray willing to help out and the guys you have to work on it should turn out great.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

Im on the west coast fuggers. Lol

The texts at 645. Lmfao im tryin to snore

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

well, i talked to singer. essentially whats happening here is these subs do horrible in a sealed environment. he tested them in just a sealed box alone and in several bandpass environments and they would not perform what so ever...

No offense to anyone else but i've been good friends with singer for about 5 years now and i'm going to take his advice. You guys were making me feel crazy but singer essentially agreed with everything i was thinking.

were not going to change anything until the woofers are swapped.

sundown_audio_logo-1-1.jpg

im with ya on the subs..

but the plot to me at least deserves a shot..

seemed like a little work.

but whatever you want..

ill go hide in my hole

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Archived