The Difference..

NDMstang65

And this is why I choose Fi 3 years ago.... still wanging the hell out of my Qs until this day. Back then I didnt have a clue who they were, I just heard they were handbuilt to order, thats when I placed my order :drink40:

The cone on one of my woofers looked like you had spilled some excess CA glue that one of you guys looked like you tried wiping up :rofl:

7w1lnOR.jpg

2004 Bagged Trailblazer

(4)18" Sundown Nsv3s
(4) Taramps HD10000s, Taramps DSP3000, Lanzar opti 250x2, AB 100x4
(2)DC power SP 270s, (14)XS Power d3100s, (1)d6500

• 1 month later...

Im just bustin ur chops nick the point is is that everything can be sourced here but the cost is outragous. So most of the so called assemblers here source from all over the world for parts. Its more in the engineering and sourcing parts correctly that makes the speaker perform than anything else..

Magnets are not made here...nor are terminals.

The problem with outsourcing everything is you are at the mercy of whoever you chose to do it.

So you order 100..200 of something. Guess what? All of them are screwed up because they lost what you said in translation...and most of the manupackers here just ship them anyways...because they don't care :). Are you familiar with the term "Equivalent parts"?. Yeah that's the thing where you get a badass prototype that works excellent, you say yeah send me 100 of these. You end up getting something else that is far from the prototype that you had..because they used what they feel is "equivilant parts". You specify 2% variance parts on your product, Mr. Kim has a cousin Mr. Cho that gives him a smoking deal on 20% variance parts..and because it saves Mr. Kim 25,000 dollars on your purchase order..guess what you get?!

Yep. Parts that are way out of your specification. Now, the question is..what are you going to do about it? You have stuff that you either sell and don't care that it is way out of specification and try to get your money back, screwing over the consumers. Or you cut your losses try to sell them, they all burn/blow up...and you lose your business due to warranty issues that is something that is outside of your control. If you 'think' you are going to do something about this..I'd love to see an American hop on a plane to the industrial districts of china/korea where these places are. Odds are you would never return if you were to confront them about it, IF you even found them.

When you machine everything in house and build it to order you control everything. Tolerances being way off, things not assembled properly etc. Do not happen. If it does happen, it is a once or twice thing with one or two speakers once a year if that...if you order 100 or 200 of them from the orient, odds are they are all like that.

:santa:

Authorized Ascendant Audio Dealer! Message me for information.

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough -Albert Einstein

"I have a plausible excuse for not liking you. And you know why."

Nick,

I agree with you there if you do everything there then you will experiance a lot of problems ive been dealing with this for years but lets be fair to the few guys here that do buy a few of their parts from there and still buy parts here as well and do all of the assembly here. The products that are produced this way under the correct and i do mean correct tolerences are built as well as anybodys from anywhere.And lets face it we are still under their thumb when it comes to ferrite and having the slugs cut and sent over cause lord knows their grinding capabilities suck and you and I both know that. The point Im making is dont bash on all the little guys over here without a full maching shop and huge magnatizers like you guys have, we are all just trying to make it and someone does have a bad product they will weed themselves out sooner or later.. :santa::santa::santa:

Nick,

I agree with you there if you do everything there then you will experiance a lot of problems ive been dealing with this for years but lets be fair to the few guys here that do buy a few of their parts from there and still buy parts here as well and do all of the assembly here. The products that are produced this way under the correct and i do mean correct tolerences are built as well as anybodys from anywhere.And lets face it we are still under their thumb when it comes to ferrite and having the slugs cut and sent over cause lord knows their grinding capabilities suck and you and I both know that. The point Im making is dont bash on all the little guys over here without a full maching shop and huge magnatizers like you guys have, we are all just trying to make it and someone does have a bad product they will weed themselves out sooner or later.. :santa::santa::santa:

Just educating the consumers...

If they want to pay more money for something that is imported and pad the pockets of those not so hard working people that couldn't fabricate their hind parts out of a hole in the ground and just sends the money right back out of the local (national) economy...go for it. The past 20 years of our history has been export manufacturing of raw materials and goods over seas and we'll just buy the finished pieces here and use them. The only issue with that is being "intelligent" American's we cut our own throats, we no longer have the ability to make what we once did here. Now the orient has us by the short and curly's and they know it. But, if we don't have jobs to buy those finished goods...did we really gain anything? Sure it was cheap for a while, but what happens when the people who make the stuff screwed it up 4 times trying to get it right when it could have been done here for double the initial cost, but when it was all said and done it would have been half as much to do it here anyways because they screwed it up 4 times. :shrug:

It just digs our hole deeper here and causes more problems at home.

The microeconomic/lemming/me too! mindset and the inability to see the forest due to the trees isn't going to change anything or make a difference.

Authorized Ascendant Audio Dealer! Message me for information.

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough -Albert Einstein

"I have a plausible excuse for not liking you. And you know why."

Nick,

Once again a valid point you have made and yes i can make my parts here one at a time on my lathe and mill and send it out with slugs to get it magnatized but the labor and cost is astronomical at that point. Like I said if we could all have the machinery in place like you guys do we could all do it the same way and until i can sell enough i will have to do it this way getting my motors from the same guys that I have been for 15 plus years and sourcing my own parts from other places. I get my spiders and cones and dust caps from the same ppl you guys use that are made in mexico and sold by the american company. You guys still get your dust caps from over the pond my coils are made here by the same ppl that have been doing them for 15 plus years and i assemble mine by hand one at a time with very tight tolerances. Now if i could find an american company that would do my motors for my without taking too long costing too much and taking from my ideas like whats happened to me in the past them I would gladly use them but until I find that I have to do it the way i do now, and keepthe cost down for the end user. Nick like ive said before Scott has an excelent product bar none and I feelthis post is very informative but you have to be fair on both sides of any topic and tell both sides of the truth, there is more than one way to skin a cat, and your topic seems to be downgrading anyones product that is not made here 100 percent.

Archived