The Difference..

NDMstang65

I've had a number of people make comments here recently that there are "Others" that "Make speakers in the states"..and it does not take them anywhere near as long as it does us....

Well..they do drop soft parts in the motors, however all of the motors are machined and pre-built (sometimes even pre magnetized) in China..and they get Chinese soft parts dropped into them with an American coil. There are no worth while viable options that can be put in here or any way of giving you a choice to have things how they should be for your installation. If you do not need a dual magneto setup for your top fuel funny car, but just a regular single pro mag..then only pay for the regular pro mag, you do not need the extra spark.

But..that is not Made in America. That's assembled here, with imported parts.

Bottom line, all of our steel is forged right here in the states, all of the steel poles are cut out of bar stock, all of our plates are finish machined here. The big thing about this is that it is all done in house. We do not have to deal with the inflexibility of hiring a 3rd party machine shop that does not know speakers and what needs to happen with certain parts and why things are machined and done certain ways. Nobody else has the flexibility of changing things on the turn of a dime if something messes up.

So, let's say you place an order with us. First thing that happens We cut the pole down..it gets machined to the correct OD, drilled, tapped, then into the CNC's for final machining of the cooling technology that we use. All of the back plates/top plates are machined, coated, and baked to your order.

294891_807924945083_31207891_39098165_418948_n.jpg

Knocking off poles out of the bar stock is the first step. After this it gets chucked into one of the big lathes to turn down the OD, then they are all drilled and tapped. After that they get chucked up into the CNC to have all of the machine work done if you get the cooling option or the pole chamfer option. Again, we have the flexibility and ability to give you exactly what you need for your install..instead of making you pay for something that you do not really need.

294971_807925134703_31207891_39098168_2324091_n.jpg

This is a stack of Q series back plates that have had their final turn on the lathe to clean up everything before they get tumbled, coated, and baked.

293786_807925204563_31207891_39098169_2176458_n.jpg

Finished N3 series woofer top plate after being machined, coated, baked and prepped.

291888_807932959023_31207891_39098347_3361225_n.jpg

I will update this thread as I am able to with more pictures of what goes on.

I leave you all with something to think about, we do all of this work ourselves..in house.. machine and build everything to order...and we're still cheaper using all American parts then most of the others in the market. (aside from the 10,12, and 15" 12 spoke basket, that is imported because it makes sense)

Take a step back and ask yourself where your money is really going when you go to spend it next time! Odds are..it is outside of our local economy.

Authorized Ascendant Audio Dealer! Message me for information.

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough -Albert Einstein

"I have a plausible excuse for not liking you. And you know why."

Lol Sani

This was a good read Nick.

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Guest grim83

well if this was a thread for anyother company you would see it trolled up with things like FI FTMFW and other assorted bullshit like that, ill just simply put it like this you get what you pay for and sometimes you get a better deal for that money.

USA FTMFW

am i the only one that wants more photos of the subs being made?

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

Totally want to work for you as a lathe operator now.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

Archived