Second Skin Audio

Trying to Tune My Box To 33hz ..... I'm Lost!

dereileak

Im just asking for help making sure that port is around 33 to 34 hz, before I start cutting away, im probably just gonna work on fiberglassing tomorrow as I think this out

Btw, I looked at that screenshot of Torres, and it looks like you didn't do your depth dimensions correctly on the box itself. I thought you were running an odd shaped wedge. You should have two depth figures a top depth and bottom depth. Did I miss something?

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Im just asking for help making sure that port is around 33 to 34 hz, before I start cutting away, im probably just gonna work on fiberglassing tomorrow as I think this out

Btw, I looked at that screenshot of Torres, and it looks like you didn't do your depth dimensions correctly on the box itself. I thought you were running an odd shaped wedge. You should have two depth figures a top depth and bottom depth. Did I miss something?

oh sorry, ha ha, I averaged them, so its the same cubic space, or you can just do the other depths and it will give you the same result for it :P

2006 Mazda3 Hatchback Black 5 Spd Manual
Pioneer 4300DVD
2 Sundown SA-12 (34hz Tune, 3.22 cubes, 14.5 inches per cube, Triple Baffle)
Kicker 10ZX2500.1 (2845 RMS) Sub Amp
Kicker 11ZX650.4 (705 RMS) Mid Amp -- (3 Amps)
Kicker KQ3 Active Crossover
Kicker KQ30 Equalizer
Kicker 09QS60.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones)
Kicker 09QS65.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones) - (3 Sets)
2/0 Gauge Electron Beam Technologies (3 Runs, 2 +, 1 -)

1/0 Gauge KNU Kollasal Flex (1 Run for -)

300 Ft Kicker X-Series 16 Gauge Speaker Wire
XS Power D3400 (Rear)
XS Power D3100 (Front)
Singer Externally Regulated Alternator (Being Built)

+ The Love for Car Audio and BASS <3

UBL Build Log <------- Click Here-------> Normal Build Log (For Comments)

Anyone?

Pioneer 4300DVD
Kicker KQ30 Equalizer

XS Power D3400 (Rear)
XS Power D3100 (Front)

sell kickers get some real subs put them in that box, and be too scared of going deaf to go ported. not hating this is better then what i got, but if you want it to be louder this is what you need to do.

*current*

1991 honda crx si

2 skar audio 12s

pioneer 6.5s

dual 400 watt amp

audio technix

db 1/0 wiring kit.

dual head unit

Your best bet is to replace the 15s with 12s. Thats the best option. You just dont get it and probably wont. You're too hard headed to realize that it will suck, but try it. Only way people like you will learn is wasting time and money on something that wont workout anywhere near the way you want. When 100 people tell you it wont work and 1 person gives you a design he says will work, you listen to the one guy instantly? Whatever floats your boat. And IIRC Ray already told you your F3 is like 38 or some shit in that box. That means it will not play below that frequency well at all and will probably start stinking up coils and shit very quickly below that. So do what you want, just learn to use these calculators yourself before begging everyone else in the world to.

Give a man a fish and he wont stop taking naps expecting you to give him more fish. :No:

Your best bet is to replace the 15s with 12s. Thats the best option. You just dont get it and probably wont. You're too hard headed to realize that it will suck, but try it. Only way people like you will learn is wasting time and money on something that wont workout anywhere near the way you want. When 100 people tell you it wont work and 1 person gives you a design he says will work, you listen to the one guy instantly? Whatever floats your boat. And IIRC Ray already told you your F3 is like 38 or some shit in that box. That means it will not play below that frequency well at all and will probably start stinking up coils and shit very quickly below that. So do what you want, just learn to use these calculators yourself before begging everyone else in the world to.

Give a man a fish and he wont stop taking naps expecting you to give him more fish. :No:

^^^what he said. It's what I've been thinking but been too afraid to tell him. He has time and money invested and I didn't want to break his balls. I know 2 12's ported could get louder for sure. It's sad that he thinks bigger subs=lower and louder just because they are bigger.

^^^what he said. It's what I've been thinking but been too afraid to tell him. He has time and money invested and I didn't want to break his balls. I know 2 12's ported could get louder for sure. It's sad that he thinks bigger subs=lower and louder just because they are bigger.

Exactly. Rays doing a 153ish with 2 12s. Optimal enclosure for 12s > too small enclosure with shitty port for 15s.

True, and I agree he needs to go w/ 12's.

But IF you are talking the exact same subs, only difference being the size, I would think the 15's WOULD get louder AND lower? Wouldn't they? NO!!! Take a DC Level 5 for example. Are the 15's NOT more capable than the 12's? ONLY IN THE PROPER SPACE!!! If I am wrong, than I am wrong. I don't know for sure, just saying what I'm thinking.

Everyone knows that bigger bad-ass subs have bigger bad-ass capabilities. But Derek what they are trying to say is w/ 15's, ANY BRAND, you are cutting yourself short on what you COULD be getting out of your system. For the space you have, 12's WOULD be better.

There, I think I said that right???

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Solo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build

I think you got it exactly right Haze. The crap part is, is that OP has been given some really good advice, especially from RAY. If Ray told me that buying 12 cats would get me louder, even though I'm allergic, I'd buy 12 fucking cats.

P.S. Ray, please dont tell be to buy 12 cats

• 2 weeks later...

I am going to stick with this sealed design, and I am going to get some poly fill to put in there :D

Pioneer 4300DVD
Kicker KQ30 Equalizer

XS Power D3400 (Rear)
XS Power D3100 (Front)

Archived