Second Skin Audio

Trying to Tune My Box To 33hz ..... I'm Lost!

dereileak

u can get away with less port area and it takes up less inside volume then a slot port

if I do external ones, can I use a bend so it comes out of the back bottom and becomes flush with the top? also where can I buy them?

2006 Mazda3 Hatchback Black 5 Spd Manual
Pioneer 4300DVD
2 Sundown SA-12 (34hz Tune, 3.22 cubes, 14.5 inches per cube, Triple Baffle)
Kicker 10ZX2500.1 (2845 RMS) Sub Amp
Kicker 11ZX650.4 (705 RMS) Mid Amp -- (3 Amps)
Kicker KQ3 Active Crossover
Kicker KQ30 Equalizer
Kicker 09QS60.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones)
Kicker 09QS65.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones) - (3 Sets)
2/0 Gauge Electron Beam Technologies (3 Runs, 2 +, 1 -)

1/0 Gauge KNU Kollasal Flex (1 Run for -)

300 Ft Kicker X-Series 16 Gauge Speaker Wire
XS Power D3400 (Rear)
XS Power D3100 (Front)
Singer Externally Regulated Alternator (Being Built)

+ The Love for Car Audio and BASS <3

UBL Build Log <------- Click Here-------> Normal Build Log (For Comments)

You're still after this port thing?

yea, my box isnt that small, plus I had an idea, here is a post from my build log

"alright, I have a great idea, im thinking of building that port on my box like the plans show, but at the end have a door that opens and shut that can seal it off from ported to sealed, on top of that its going to be motorized, so I hit a button, boom it opens up and adds 3-4db's :P, and when I want to go back to SQ hit the button again :D sick idea huh, im seriously thinking this, I think I may build the port tomorrow, what you guys think? my step dad has been an engineer for 30 years, so im sure he could help design the device on it :P"

Yeah I saw that and shook my head. Good luck getting a good seal where the "door" goes down. If I were you, I'd ditch those Kickers and get some real subs that will blow your mind in the same box.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

yea, my box isnt that small, plus I had an idea, here is a post from my build log

"alright, I have a great idea, im thinking of building that port on my box like the plans show, but at the end have a door that opens and shut that can seal it off from ported to sealed, on top of that its going to be motorized, so I hit a button, boom it opens up and adds 3-4db's :P, and when I want to go back to SQ hit the button again :D sick idea huh, im seriously thinking this, I think I may build the port tomorrow, what you guys think? my step dad has been an engineer for 30 years, so im sure he could help design the device on it :P"

Yeah I saw that and shook my head. Good luck getting a good seal where the "door" goes down. If I were you, I'd ditch those Kickers and get some real subs that will blow your mind in the same box.

I already have a design idea, also I wish someone would just calculate out what I asked for instead of fighting me on the whole thing, Im just getting ideas here

Pioneer 4300DVD
Kicker KQ30 Equalizer

XS Power D3400 (Rear)
XS Power D3100 (Front)

these are already blowing my mind, and moving my whole damn windshield, but I want more

Pioneer 4300DVD
Kicker KQ30 Equalizer

XS Power D3400 (Rear)
XS Power D3100 (Front)

I already have a design idea, also I wish someone would just calculate out what I asked for instead of fighting me on the whole thing, Im just getting ideas here

Why can't you do the calculations yourself? Seems like you want to go ahead and do the ported thing. Go with it and see how it turns out. Or go ahead and try your idea of the motorized "door" thing. I think you're a bit too demanding asking people to calcuate stuff out for you and if their input isn't what you want to hear, you disregard the advice.

these are already blowing my mind, and moving my whole damn windshield, but I want more

If you want more, wall it and get it over with.

Im just asking for help making sure that port is around 33 to 34 hz, before I start cutting away, im probably just gonna work on fiberglassing tomorrow as I think this out

Pioneer 4300DVD
Kicker KQ30 Equalizer

XS Power D3400 (Rear)
XS Power D3100 (Front)

Archived