Headliner Ideas (anything is welcome)

I'm in rocky mount, nc and we got hammered by Irene. Ill post some pics but with all the OT I'm gonna put in ill be ordering some soon I got to get this headliner done. Was covering the garnishes difficult? I wouldn't mind them matching too haha

- 1997 Chevy Tahoe- Big 3 (1/0)- Dual Autocraft Batts- JVC KD-A315 HU- AQ 2200.1D- 18" AQ HDC3- Box w/ Removable Port (6ft^3 @ 36hz & 6.7ft^3 @ 42hz)- 39' 1/0 & 13' 2/0 Flex-A-Prene

My Selling Feedback

Build Log

• 8 months later...

Would anyone recommend taking the headliner out and bed lining it instead of putting a headliner back in it?

- 1997 Chevy Tahoe- Big 3 (1/0)- Dual Autocraft Batts- JVC KD-A315 HU- AQ 2200.1D- 18" AQ HDC3- Box w/ Removable Port (6ft^3 @ 36hz & 6.7ft^3 @ 42hz)- 39' 1/0 & 13' 2/0 Flex-A-Prene

My Selling Feedback

Build Log

• 1 month later...

@Chad: I appreciate the reply man. Would you use something like a pressure fed spray gun? Kinda like you spray paint with?

-James

My Selling Feedback

Build Log

• 2 weeks later...

high performance spray adhesive is awesome, its same glue in a can form. most times a spray gun is put into play when you are having to glue multiple items over and over so its cheaper. however just for a headliner its about the type of glue, 3m 90 is ok, but yourautotrim.com sells high performance and they sell it in a kit with there suede and its not the only brand they sell just the one they recommend as the strongest. all glues are dependent on how you do the work, if you dont lay it out properly or do wait the time for it to get tacky, or wait to long then none of it will work. if you have a gun with large output then even wellwood contact cement in the red label can for laminate will work but takes longer to cure and smells worse. wellwood blue label contact cement is best for using with a spray gun (non-hvlp) but like i said the can stuff works as long as its the right kind.

• 2 weeks later...

@Chad: I appreciate the reply man. Would you use something like a pressure fed spray gun? Kinda like you spray paint with?-James

James- http://www.yourautotrim.com/noname37.html this is what we use. Its rediculously good. It can be shot out of a gun or brushed on with a paint brush (much more tedious)

Ugg this forum setup does NOT play well with my phone! Anyhow, we use this on leather, suede, etc. its viscous enough not to soak through, is VERY strong, cleans up with advesive remover! its been in cars we have personally done for YEARS with no failures. Heat/cold/water etc. does not release it! a reminder if you decide to use it.. Its contact adhesive, so you MUST do both sides of the project (in this case, the headliner board, and the suede). I really hope this has been helpfull, and I wish you the BEST of luck, no matter what route you take! Also.. its the perfect time to deaden that roof!

Archived