Headliner Ideas (anything is welcome)

Hey what's up y'all. I have a 97 tahoe and the headliner material is starting to sag. I was wondering if anyone has any ideas on to what I should do to my headliner? I want to do it myself instead of a shop doing it just for the satisfaction of I did this. I was thinking fiberglass, automotive paint, or something of that nature. I can put the original fabric back on the "shell" of the headliner if someone can hook me up with some links of the original fabric used on the headliner. Any suggestions are welcome and any help is appfeciated. -james

- 1997 Chevy Tahoe- Big 3 (1/0)- Dual Autocraft Batts- JVC KD-A315 HU- AQ 2200.1D- 18" AQ HDC3- Box w/ Removable Port (6ft^3 @ 36hz & 6.7ft^3 @ 42hz)- 39' 1/0 & 13' 2/0 Flex-A-Prene

My Selling Feedback

Build Log

Suede google yourautotrim

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I appreciate it n8. How hard is suede to work with?

- 1997 Chevy Tahoe- Big 3 (1/0)- Dual Autocraft Batts- JVC KD-A315 HU- AQ 2200.1D- 18" AQ HDC3- Box w/ Removable Port (6ft^3 @ 36hz & 6.7ft^3 @ 42hz)- 39' 1/0 & 13' 2/0 Flex-A-Prene

My Selling Feedback

Build Log

never worked with it, but from what I heard and have seen its not to bad, conforms to stuff nicely, but it is kinda costly for it, holds it shape well, would look awesome, I would do a fake carbon fiber mesh, but that stil is like $15 a square foot, XD

2006 Mazda3 Hatchback Black 5 Spd Manual
Pioneer 4300DVD
2 Sundown SA-12 (34hz Tune, 3.22 cubes, 14.5 inches per cube, Triple Baffle)
Kicker 10ZX2500.1 (2845 RMS) Sub Amp
Kicker 11ZX650.4 (705 RMS) Mid Amp -- (3 Amps)
Kicker KQ3 Active Crossover
Kicker KQ30 Equalizer
Kicker 09QS60.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones)
Kicker 09QS65.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones) - (3 Sets)
2/0 Gauge Electron Beam Technologies (3 Runs, 2 +, 1 -)

1/0 Gauge KNU Kollasal Flex (1 Run for -)

300 Ft Kicker X-Series 16 Gauge Speaker Wire
XS Power D3400 (Rear)
XS Power D3100 (Front)
Singer Externally Regulated Alternator (Being Built)

+ The Love for Car Audio and BASS <3

UBL Build Log <------- Click Here-------> Normal Build Log (For Comments)

a few friends of mine used suede in their burban and as far as i know they just bought some glue used in headliners and sprayed it on there really good with a gun and put it on just like a normal headliner. nothing too crazy. but it came out really nice.

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

2 sq super tweetsMb quart 4.125Mechman 270a alt1- xs D27003- xs XP3000

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

if you get the foam backed stuff made for headliners not at all. redoing a headliner is easy actually. you just gotta practice on something first or eles you'll soak through with the glue

foam backed headliner suede

3m super90

some clothespins

and a wire brush to strip off all the old foam backing

258465914_photobucket_48556_.jpg

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

@derei: I hope its not too expensive. got to do some research on the price of suede. Looks like I might be able to get this done with some of the foam backing that is on headliners originally. I might try carbon fiber but the problem is I got a white truck with no carbon fiber or black on it. If i can ever get enough money I'll do a off frame restoration to repair rust and powder coat frame. Also I'll of course paint it black cause I'm tired of plane white. I want it murdered out but I doubt that will even be in the next couple years. Headliner and leather interior gotta come first.

@d-train: I gotta get a spray gun for my air compressor to spray glues with. If not that I'll have to get the spray glue in the can from the auto parts store. Is the glue in the can any good or do you know?

@n8: So I need to find a foam backed suede or look for the foam and suede separate? Also with the Super90 how hard is it to spray the headliner material and not soak through with the glue? Just put it on real lite like you would car paint? I appreciate the picture cause that answers a few questions on how to get the material to stay in place after I spray the glue

My Selling Feedback

Build Log

@derei: I hope its not too expensive. got to do some research on the price of suede. Looks like I might be able to get this done with some of the foam backing that is on headliners originally. I might try carbon fiber but the problem is I got a white truck with no carbon fiber or black on it. If i can ever get enough money I'll do a off frame restoration to repair rust and powder coat frame. Also I'll of course paint it black cause I'm tired of plane white. I want it murdered out but I doubt that will even be in the next couple years. Headliner and leather interior gotta come first.

@d-train: I gotta get a spray gun for my air compressor to spray glues with. If not that I'll have to get the spray glue in the can from the auto parts store. Is the glue in the can any good or do you know?

@n8: So I need to find a foam backed suede or look for the foam and suede separate? Also with the Super90 how hard is it to spray the headliner material and not soak through with the glue? Just put it on real lite like you would car paint? I appreciate the picture cause that answers a few questions on how to get the material to stay in place after I spray the glue

i havent done a headliner so i dont really know what kind of glue they used or if the can glue is anygood. i would say go to a headliner shop and see what they use if you cant find anyone on here that knows.

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

2 sq super tweetsMb quart 4.125Mechman 270a alt1- xs D27003- xs XP3000

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

Also is it hard to remove the headliner? I am thinking of doing it this coming week if we can catch a break in the weather. I got to do something soon but I got a budget of $150-175 Is anything possible for this? A local shop quoted $225 but like I was sayin kinda wanted to do it myself.

My Selling Feedback

Build Log

• 2 weeks later...

i just got done doing my headliner and my panel garnishes black suede.. i purchased it from yourautotrim.com they are really reasonable price wise.. i was affraid that the suede would be of cheap quality but i was suprised the suede is nice and its really not that hard to work with.. i paid like 15 a yard and i bought there recomended headliner glue.. pretty simple instal and a baddass turnout.. i recomend suede..

http://www.yourautotrim.com/suhefba.html

MURDERD HONDA PILOT!

Archived