setting hi/lo converter with dd-1?

Lol, maybe just a thought, i believe they have digital thermometers you can get for your vents. You just need to drill a hole in the vent or put the thermistor in the vent and route the cable through it and then get something to read it back to you. Honestly if thats the only thing you need to see what temp your car is at no offence but just ditch it. I dont care what temp my truck is at just as long as its comfy for me. The only time i check the temp of my truck is with my remote start/alarm system to see how cold it is and about how long i will let it warm up before i go out and try to brush off the snow and ice on it in the winter. Other than that idc what it is because with my truck, the heat will melt your ass to the seat and the a/c will freeze you into an icicle. lol.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

Ya who cares what temp it is, but its just kinda nice to be able to set it at a certain temp, but a system is more important :). I just never really cared about a different hu cause I thought the hi/low converters were working just fine for me but now that I'm learning more thanks to the dd-1 :) I see that they cause distortion and I don't like em. I just looked into the kits for my car really quick and some of the good ones with the ac controls cost about 200 and I saw some cheap ones for around 25 and those just add a stereo under the stock one. I was thinking that if I spend about 200 on the good kit and 200 on another hu that would add up to just getting a 3sixty so I don't know which one imma do yet. Imma look into it some more.

Yes, the dd-1 is great. I dont own one since i have a scope (and b4 anyone says it, i know the dd-1 is better than a scope but my scope is doing a good job for me) but if Steve, Tony, and Juan are behind it, im sure its a perfect tool to use.

For you, i think it would be better to use the money for a sound processor. Theres no point to get a $400 radio that doesnt have really any eq control at all than to get a 3sixty which has all the control you will ever need. One thing though, you did do like i said in the one post and test the distortion on the speaker outputs of the stock radio correct? I just wanted to check on that because if you didnt i would highly advise you do to see if the radio puts out a crappy signal at all on just the speaker output wires. Dont measure it through the converters, just the speaker wires one pair at a time. It wouldnt be any benefit to you or your system to get a 3sixty only to find out your radio clips to all hell because as great as the 3sixty is, it can make things worse if you dont use it correctly.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

Ya I did that also. I checked the speaker wires where I hook up the hi/low converters to check at what volume my h/u destorts at. I did that with the cd and also through the ipod. And with the cd it the highest vol before it destorts is 30 out of 40 and with the Ipod its 33 out of 40. But ya I think your right about the processor instead of another hu

Ok thats great you tested that, so it proves your radio can actually send a good signal to the amps/processor. I would just go for a processor and call it a day. For your cars dash i personally dont think a custom radio would look right in there unless you custom fabricated something for it. The contours of the dash would be off when an aftermarket radio in. All you need to do with the 3sixty is either find a spot behind or underneath the dash to secure the 3sixty. Then run the speaker and power wires to the unit and then your rca outputs. Its that easy. Or if your dash is cramped for room, you can run it underneath your seat (make sure you cover the wires so they cant get pinched or cut when you move the seats position), extend the speaker cables from behind the radio to underneath the seat, run the power to the processor and the rca wires to it as well.

Hooking it up is so easy. Setting it up is a pain since theres so many controls you need to setup and figure out how you want to control your speakers with it. If you get it and you get stuck you can always give me a holler, im always on here and since i have the 3sixty i can tell you how everything works on it if you get stuck

Ya another thing is I got used to controling my radio through the steering wheel lol, and if I get a different hu I won't be able to do that and my Ipod also conects to the back of my h/u through an interface, So I can control that through the steering wheel also. So ya the processor would be the best thing to do, and like u said if I get rid of this car I can just take the processor out. And ya I think the hardest part for me would be setting up the controls so if I get stuck I will definantly hit u up.

They do sell modules you have to wire up to get the steering wheel controls to work. It is a pain sometimes but it can work. Most radios these days come with ipod docks in the box too. Looking at pics of your dash in your car online i think the stock radio looks good compared to an aftermarket one. It is still your call since you drive the car but the stock one would be a lot easier to get working right and have it look clean too.

So I checked the rf website and it sais the 3sixty.3 doesn't start shipping till april 2012 so in the meantime I think imma get the audio control LC6i like BJD3 suggested, cause april 2012 is a long time and I need a processor now. But that will give me time to save up for the 3sixty.3 cause I definitely want that one.

• 2 months later...

Way to bump a 3 month old thread!!