Second Skin Audio

Sub Enclousure

KenC210

currently i have a sub box built for 2 15's dimensions L:16.75 W:36 H:21.75 it has a divider in the middle cuz each sub has its own amp. so each enclosure is at 17.25 width internal. I have a slot port each is L:11.5 W:10 H:3 now this was my first box build and had very little to none experience on doing it before i came across site. so now having a little bit more knowledge of car audio i was wanting to know would it be better to have a divider like i have or to build a new one without the divider? reason for the divider was cuz i am running two kicker zx1000.1 and they were not slave an mater and had two different full power ratings and i didnt know anything about running 2 amps i usually just had 1 amp. so what would my options be? besides getting new amps...

Either way is fine. I ran 4 15's on 8 amps in a common enclosure. . .

I like common enclosure with one large port, but individual enclosures has the advantage of if one amp fails, the subs are not ripped apart mechanically from the driver on the good amp operating in a very large enclosure, and the driver on the failed amp acting like a passive radiator.

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.

cool thax great to know i was mainly worried about the subs getting jacked if they werent getting the same power ratings. i am not to worried about the amps goin out i dont have the gains even more than a 1/4 the way i would say at bout 10 o clock position

Archived