KDC-MP142 RCA-Preout help

heres the easiest way. and its free. if your amp has rca OUTPUTS, just hook up the headunit preout to the amp's Front input, then take a short run of rca's and plug them into the rca outputs on the amp then plug the other end into the Rear input on the amp.

Bingo! haha thanks i didnt know if that would work.... and will it work nicely? wont mess anything up? i think im going to still get the EQ just because lol

thats how i have my headunit set up. i have Front and Rear/Sub (switchable, like yours). i have Front going to front input on highs amp, then short run going from output back into Rear input. has been working fine for years.

I only have a subwoofer pre out.? i dont get it

for your headunit, and like 8 0% of all other kenwoods, you can switch it from Rear (full pass) to Subwoofer (low pass). put it to Rear and you're set (if running a highs amp)

Wait wait wait what!?! so I have a High pass filter?! or only if i switch it and if i switch it it turns off the sub right?

no you dont have a HIGH pass filter. when the headunit is set to Rear, then the signal coming out of the preouts is full bandwidth (20-20000hz). setting it to Subwoofer activates a low pass filter so the frequencys will be limited to 20-8 0hz for example.

For eq i meant an external equalizer. If your amps have highpass, lowpass, and subsonic you will be just fine with them and running them off the input/output of the amp. Theres no need for anything fancy like a 3sixty or something for a system like yours unless you really felt like dishing out that kind of money. Personally i wouldnt, your radio will be fine with how you have it, just set the amps properly.

All my AMP has is X-over Bass Boost and Gain.... May be if i get a DC 2.0k or a AQ2200D?

2001 is300Headunit: JVC KD-X50BTHighs/Mids: StockHigh/Mids Amp: NASubwoofer: DC Audio LV4 12"Subwoofer Box: DLDesigns Box tuned to 32HzSubwoofer Amp: AQ 2200DElectrical: NA Performance:SRT Racing intake with ECUHKS Super Dragger 2BC Racing Coilovers

BC 264 stage 2 cams

full head build with BC Valves, Retainers, and springs

Dezod Green Race Header Comming soon/Thinking about<p>Electrical: XS power under the hood (Suggestions Welcome)​Performance: BC Cams,Cam gears, maybe GTE Swap down the lineMy YouTube Channel Subscribe and i'll return the favor!Xbox Live Team Website.My First Official Box Build.My FacebooK

What do you mean by that so you have your Mids/Highs amp plugged into your HU and then the Sub into the Mids/highs amp?

heres the easiest way. and its free. if your amp has rca OUTPUTS, just hook up the headunit preout to the amp's Front input, then take a short run of rca's and plug them into the rca outputs on the amp then plug the other end into the Rear input on the amp.

Bingo! haha thanks i didnt know if that would work.... and will it work nicely? wont mess anything up? i think im going to still get the EQ just because lol

thats how i have my headunit set up. i have Front and Rear/Sub (switchable, like yours). i have Front going to front input on highs amp, then short run going from output back into Rear input. has been working fine for years.

for your headunit, and like 8 0% of all other kenwoods, you can switch it from Rear (full pass) to Subwoofer (low pass). put it to Rear and you're set (if running a highs amp)

Wait wait wait what!?! so I have a High pass filter?! or only if i switch it and if i switch it it turns off the sub right?

no you dont have a HIGH pass filter. when the headunit is set to Rear, then the signal coming out of the preouts is full bandwidth (20-20000hz). setting it to Subwoofer activates a low pass filter so the frequencys will be limited to 20-8 0hz for example.

2001 is300Headunit: JVC KD-X50BTHighs/Mids: StockHigh/Mids Amp: NASubwoofer: DC Audio LV4 12"Subwoofer Box: DLDesigns Box tuned to 32HzSubwoofer Amp: AQ 2200DElectrical: NA Performance:SRT Racing intake with ECUHKS Super Dragger 2BC Racing Coilovers

BC 264 stage 2 cams

Dezod Green Race Header Comming soon/Thinking about<p>Electrical: XS power under the hood (Suggestions Welcome)​Performance: BC Cams,Cam gears, maybe GTE Swap down the lineMy YouTube Channel Subscribe and i'll return the favor!Xbox Live Team Website.My First Official Box Build.My FacebooK

The xover for the sub amp is more than likely lowpass, meaning where you set it, any frequencies below that area will play from the sub. If the xover is on your mids and highs amp, it will play freqs above it (maybe, idk your amp or setup specifically)

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

He means that the output from the radios rca goes into his mids-highs amp FIRST, then off the mids-highs amps output rca's it goes to his subwoofer amp.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

Can you tell by the Info on that website? but i think your right because i have it like in the middle and i had it lower before and it didnt hit asmany

BC 264 stage 2 cams

He means that the output from the radios rca goes into his mids-highs amp FIRST, then off the mids-highs amps output rca's it goes to his subwoofer amp.

Yeah thats what i thought. so he has his HU set to Front insted of subwoofer? kinda a dumb question lol :shrug:

BC 264 stage 2 cams

You attach the speaker wires from the back of the headunit to the speaker wires on the convertor with some sort of connector. Bam pre outs.

--2004 Toyota 4runner

New Build Log

-2002 Acura Tl-S

Old Build Log

Team DC Audio

ttf.png

spl dust is an option you can get on the coils... it's great for extra 1000 watts of power

where can i get this spl dust and how much is it. is it hard to apply? lol

Like what? :trippy:

BC 264 stage 2 cams