Which car should I choose? same question as the other guy :P

Which oneee???  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Which car?

• 2001 SVT Ford Cobra
    • Dodge Neon SRT-4 Complete Mopar Stage 3RS

I'm buying a new car... been debating on WHAT for quite some time. I'm having a lot of trouble picking between a 2001 Ford Cobra.... and a Dodge Neon SRT-4 stage 3RS.

Basically my problem is if i buy the neon, it's built the way i want, with all the power i'm going to be able to pull out of it without radical upgrades and some major problems with traction ;) BUT i love the neons, they get good gas mileage, and to be honest they turn heads. Several are available in my area... and i have to say they REALLY catch my eye, and my ears.... not much like a 4 inch dual exhaust on a car boosting 24 PSI....

On to the cobra....

I've been having trouble finding a 2003-04 terminator within my price range... BUT i've found SEVERAL 2001 cobras that fit the bill. Aside from the supercharger and the internals in the engine, they're basically the same. My plan is to buy the 2001, build the engine, and put a kenne bell supercharger on it. The only problem is the money situation won't let me do that quite yet...and in the mean time i'm gonna have to deal with ONLY 290 WHP and that beautiful 4.6L V8..... only problem, its not a head turner like the neon... and until i can afford more than bolt ons...it's just a 10 year old mustang... I'm torn here, quite a bit. i know in the long run the kenne bell will pay off WAY more power and traction wise... but i'm completely torn, i have a problem with instant gratification... ANYWAY this is quite long, let me get any opinions you guys have :) thank you

Judging by the picture as your av, I would say check the price on insurance on both. I think this may change your mind completely..on either car, but if I had to choose....there is no replacement for displacement.

Insurance isn't an issue man, you think i haven't thought of that? lol.I make enough to cover it, and i might have my parents add it to their policy and i'm DEFINITELY registering in their name, the insurance in new mexico is like 1/3 of what is here in arizona.

Besides that, i agree, the engine size is a major factor. But so is the power to weight ratio. If you compare the two of these as they sit now, the 350 HP SRT-4 will STOMP the stock cobra...UNTIL i can blow it. Another issue is the total package...the Stage 3RS SRTs come with racing seats/harnesses, race tuned suspension... etc... The cobra is totally factory, and is gonna need a lot of money dumped into it to get it to the point i want it to be.... and it's only getting older. I'm worried the technology isn't quite there either...

where do you live? Would this car have to attempt snow? What are you looking for high speed, quick acceleration or more for the flashy effect? If it were me it would be an easy decision and that cobra would be in my drive way. My buddy owns a srt4 neon and when its not broke its ok. its not the greatest ride rather uncomfortable and its quick for what it is but would take that cobra over it anyday

where do you live? Would this car have to attempt snow? What are you looking for high speed, quick acceleration or more for the flashy effect? If it were me it would be an easy decision and that cobra would be in my drive way. My buddy owns a srt4 neon and when its not broke its ok. its not the greatest ride rather uncomfortable and its quick for what it is but would take that cobra over it anyday

I live in arizona, driving conditions are pretty ideal, except for the heat. but they SRT's do well here. a few of my buddy's have them. I don't necessarily want a "flashy" car... but i do want a car that people notice. It's hard to explain.... I want a sleeper, but i want features that people don't usually see on everyday cars. Thats one of the reasons i love the mopar S3s... Then again, i am all about performance. And in the long run, it won't even be close performance wise. (btw, i want bottom end torque, straight line speed, hence the SC) But for now, the neon will be a more complete package... one of them i am considering is from a company called Motiva that has basically a stock-looking purpose built race car.

fuck dodge go with the stang man cant go wrong with a v8 if u can afford the insurance u can deff afford the gas :drink40:

Haha ya man? well i don't know. i drive a lot. I've been worried about that too to be honest... I'd be running premium too...*whimper* If it's not the traction problems and performance problems...gas might actually be the deal breaker and make me lean toward the neon. *whimper*

Archived