Which car should I choose? same question as the other guy :P

Which oneee???  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Which car?

• 2001 SVT Ford Cobra
    • Dodge Neon SRT-4 Complete Mopar Stage 3RS

btw srt's do break a lot and they are still neons.....if you are serious about building the mustang go with it. Id rather wait and get what I want instead of settling for what i can have now..... ps shoulda bought a chevy

I would love a chevy... but i don't really like the old camaros.. i just can't see myself driving one, and i can't afford the new body style.. I think i am going to go with the cobra.

Get Manual car no automatic..

Oh i know haha. I'd never buy an auto. Well the car i drive now is auto but it has manual mode ha. I don't think they even make srt-4s or cobras in auto.... but ya i won't get an auto no worries.

srt4s never cam in auto and do u even realize how much power a real stage 3 should have stock srt4 can be boosted to make 300 whp stage 3 should be able to make well over 400 to the wheels 400 whp in a car that small if u can drive u will eat most things. but like i said before a 1st gen neon ie 96-99 with a stock srt4 engine would DESTROY a stage 3. the srt4 yes is still a neon but in the same aspect its not every neon before it came with a 2.0 and of the year that the srt4 came out they were all 2.0 sohc the srt4 is a 2.4 turbo its not ment to be fucked with. have u ever even test drove the 2 cars ur even talking about?

Yes i've driven two srt-4s, one of them stage 3RS, and a blown cobra. I have yet to drive a stock 01 cobra, but i've driven my buddy's 03 mach 1, which is basically the same car with less power. I can't engine swap the car i buy, it is my daily, i can't do any big builds like that. The srt-4 can eat anything, but they break alot, especially the transaxle/CVs. They are very fast cars, but they have problems with traction through the first 3 gears... and they WILL NOT hang with a kenne bell cobra... which is my ultimate goal if i were to go that route. I agree, the stage 3 can be boosted well over 400. A quick youtube search will bring you to some that are 5-600+. My friend at school has one pushing 560hp with meth injection. (i have vids and pics if you guys want to keep calling bs). BUT they require major mods to get there, on top of the stage 3, big one being the fuel system and trans components. The cobra can reach the 400 mark N/A with cams and air flow mods... And with a supercharger and fuel system, it will FAR exceed anything an srt-4 could do. but it takes money and time that i don't have.

Mach 1's actually make more whp than the 99-01 Cobra due to the better flowing heads and cams setup.

The 99 and 01 cobras do not make the same whp. and i find it hard to believe the cobra making 320hp makes less whp than the mach 1 with the exact same engine only putting out 305hp. But even if it does, i'd rather have an 01 cobra trim... leather seats... suede inserts... SVT package.. cobra badges, etc.

I didn't say they made the same whp, but there is a difference between RATED hp and ACTUAL whp. I've been around both and dyno'd both on SEVERAL occasions, even owned an 03 Mach. Read and learn: http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/544186-2001-cobra-vs-mach1-03-04-a.html

The Mach is a nicer all around car IMO. The interior is nicer given you get the IUP that most where ordered with(I hate suede and the retro styling on the Mach seats is beautiful), the gauge cluster in the Mach 1 is pure sex, the chin spoiler, grille delete, stripe kit, and Magnum 500 style wheels set the car off... and you have a FUNCTIONAL Shaker hood. Both cars had pretty similar production numbers, but you typically see 5:1 more Cobra's than Mach 1's.

-Zach-

2010 Toyota Tundra
Full Hybrid Audio SQ

7" BDS on 37's

2000 Ford Expedition

160+ dB Green Turd -SOLD- :(

Oh i know haha. I'd never buy an auto. Well the car i drive now is auto but it has manual mode ha. I don't think they even make srt-4s or cobras in auto.... but ya i won't get an auto no worries.

srt4s never cam in auto and do u even realize how much power a real stage 3 should have stock srt4 can be boosted to make 300 whp stage 3 should be able to make well over 400 to the wheels 400 whp in a car that small if u can drive u will eat most things. but like i said before a 1st gen neon ie 96-99 with a stock srt4 engine would DESTROY a stage 3. the srt4 yes is still a neon but in the same aspect its not every neon before it came with a 2.0 and of the year that the srt4 came out they were all 2.0 sohc the srt4 is a 2.4 turbo its not ment to be fucked with. have u ever even test drove the 2 cars ur even talking about?

Yes i've driven two srt-4s, one of them stage 3RS, and a blown cobra. I have yet to drive a stock 01 cobra, but i've driven my buddy's 03 mach 1, which is basically the same car with less power. I can't engine swap the car i buy, it is my daily, i can't do any big builds like that. The srt-4 can eat anything, but they break alot, especially the transaxle/CVs. They are very fast cars, but they have problems with traction through the first 3 gears... and they WILL NOT hang with a kenne bell cobra... which is my ultimate goal if i were to go that route. I agree, the stage 3 can be boosted well over 400. A quick youtube search will bring you to some that are 5-600+. My friend at school has one pushing 560hp with meth injection. (i have vids and pics if you guys want to keep calling bs). BUT they require major mods to get there, on top of the stage 3, big one being the fuel system and trans components. The cobra can reach the 400 mark N/A with cams and air flow mods... And with a supercharger and fuel system, it will FAR exceed anything an srt-4 could do. but it takes money and time that i don't have.

Mach 1's actually make more whp than the 99-01 Cobra due to the better flowing heads and cams setup.

The 99 and 01 cobras do not make the same whp. and i find it hard to believe the cobra making 320hp makes less whp than the mach 1 with the exact same engine only putting out 305hp. But even if it does, i'd rather have an 01 cobra trim... leather seats... suede inserts... SVT package.. cobra badges, etc.

I didn't say they made the same whp, but there is a difference between RATED hp and ACTUAL whp. I've been around both and dyno'd both on SEVERAL occasions, even owned an 03 Mach. Read and learn: http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/544186-2001-cobra-vs-mach1-03-04-a.html

The Mach is a nicer all around car IMO. The interior is nicer given you get the IUP that most where ordered with(I hate suede and the retro styling on the Mach seats is beautiful), the gauge cluster in the Mach 1 is pure sex, the chin spoiler, grille delete, stripe kit, and Magnum 500 style wheels set the car off... and you have a FUNCTIONAL Shaker hood. Both cars had pretty similar production numbers, but you typically see 5:1 more Cobra's than Mach 1's.

That's interesting you mention all that because there are a couple available around on auto trader and stuff. I'll look into it. I do like the fact that it's a little bit newer car. But i love the cobras even if they are less rare... it still has a better image to me... like the 03 mach 1 is simply a newer 01 cobra...where as the 03 cobra is the high end car of that year. It's kind of a level of trim type thing. I like the cobras, even if it's an older N/A one.

Edit:

I read that thread for awhile, looks it is higher powered, but i don't like the idea of solid rear axle... even if it does hook better. I also guess the one i saw on autotrader is gone, the only one i could find is for 18K and if i'm gonna spend that much, i'll buy a terminator cobra.... which i can't afford. So maybe if i see one up for sale within my price range i'll consider it.

That's interesting you mention all that because there are a couple available around on auto trader and stuff. I'll look into it. I do like the fact that it's a little bit newer car. But i love the cobras even if they are less rare... it still has a better image to me... like the 03 mach 1 is simply a newer 01 cobra...where as the 03 cobra is the high end car of that year. It's kind of a level of trim type thing. I like the cobras, even if it's an older N/A one.

Edit:

I read that thread for awhile, looks it is higher powered, but i don't like the idea of solid rear axle... even if it does hook better. I also guess the one i saw on autotrader is gone, the only one i could find is for 18K and if i'm gonna spend that much, i'll buy a terminator cobra.... which i can't afford. So maybe if i see one up for sale within my price range i'll consider it.

There are quite a few SRA Mustangs running in SCCA competition. They don't handle that bad, and they will handle the power better. Even with level 5 halfshafts at 500whp you'll be breaking them. A full bolt on/gear/tune Mach will run low 12's or better, handle great, turn heads, and super comfortable for a daily.

-Zach-

2010 Toyota Tundra
Full Hybrid Audio SQ

7" BDS on 37's

2000 Ford Expedition

160+ dB Green Turd -SOLD- :(

I love the IRS issue. I would NEVER choose an independent rear with too much horsepower. Half shafts can only support so much twist before they say,"Peace bitches!". Ford nine inch is still a a STAPLE of straight line enthusiasts. How often do you plan on clocking track time in the twisties? That's the only place that the IRS is gonna shine.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

I love the IRS issue. I would NEVER choose an independent rear with too much horsepower. Half shafts can only support so much twist before they say,"Peace bitches!". Ford nine inch is still a a STAPLE of straight line enthusiasts. How often do you plan on clocking track time in the twisties? That's the only place that the IRS is gonna shine.

I actually don't think i'll be hitting the track too often at all. At least not until next year. So i'm mostly concerned about handling and acceleration on public roads.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived