HP wants to exit PC business

from what I can see they are more focusing on service delivery. Lets face it their network gear are pretty shit as well.

Only thing they have going for them are the servers and many does not mind using people like dell or some of the other players since all they really pay for is the chassis while the hardware can be selected and HP does not manufacture these. They might press their own boards and power supplies but thats about it. The rest is basically a supply line for other companies.

If I am not wrong they have some software bundles as well but thats a non issue.

ill tell you right now HPs new rack mounts are absolute sex. Im partial to another manufacturers hardware because I use it every day but if I was not affiliated with that brand I would highly recommend the new HPs. I work in an environment that has gone away from producing laptops and concentrated on service delivery and servers mainframes etc. They just created a new branch/label to sell their laptops.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

IMHO, HP>Dell

I've ran the same HP laptop since the beginning of 2008 and I've had absolutely no problems with it. Tech support is not needed if you know what you're doing with PC's, which honestly, is not very complicated to deal with. Even if you need tech support, I never had any issues with them. To me, Tech suppolrt is just getting drivers if I need them. Internal problems are a little more complex, but I never dealt with that kind of stuff from HP.

My current desktop is a custom built machine, however my friend has a nice HP desktop that I wouldn't mind picking up and just upgrading the RAM in it

The only drawback to HP, or any "store-bought" PC is the pre-loaded software. I'd never use any of it. Usually, what I do, and did with my notebook, was formatted the hard drive and just install whatever Windows OS it came with. After which, it is a really nice machine.

I'd be a bit disappointed if HP went into quit, because smartphones still will never be able to accomplish half the stuff PCs (or MACs) can. Also, they're not as blind-user friendl, for people like myself who can't see well and rely on screen magnification programs or screen readers.

Just my 2 cents.

I would have handled my issue myself...had HP not made the computer so damn hard to get into. Literally a week outside of warranty and they don't cover an obvious hardware defect? OK. How much is it to fix? Over $300. I'm not going to drop $300 into a $700 computer.

I was planning on buying an Envy. I got the G53 and never looked back.

So did anybody pick up a hp tablet at bestbuy for $99?

I wish. I have my :ninja: s out though.

Edited by BJD3

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert