Second Skin Audio

how do i change a boxs tuning without building a new box?

you need the height, width and depth of the port, not just the width and depth lol

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

13'' i think it is, i'll measure it after work

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

if so, you are tuned to 106hz with 1.21 net volume and you have 78 sq inch of port with 64.46 sq inch of port per cube..

your ported box is all fucked up lol

Team DC Audio

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

if so, you are tuned to 106hz with 1.21 net volume and you have 78 sq inch of port with 64.46 sq inch of port per cube..

midbass box ftw.

hahah, damn, on thorres box calc when i put in the demintions it said i was tuned to the 50's

maby 106htz is why the subs dont move :pardon:

bout a fuckin waste of wood

i got a question tho, why does it move hella air when i cover half of the port with a board?

would it work ok if i put a cover over the port and just run it sealed?

if my jigsaw wasn't fucked up i would redo the baffle and just run 1 10

is there any hope in this box or what

this is why i dont build ported boxs, theres to much shit to put into thought for the time i have to build and install it

i do in 1day what some people do in 1week, i have little time if no time to design a box

why does the thorres box calc say if i put a 3'' piece of pipe in the box @ 8'' long that it will tune the box to 34htz? but the port i got now is in the 100's

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

Shit that post had me rolling :lol:

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.

Shit that post had me rolling :lol:

lol, did me also, cant help i dont know shit about ported boxs :pardon:

i would just get the recommended specs, and use torres calc to build up the box with what you have to work with man...

lets say each sub requires .75 cubic feet, then you would want 1.5 after displacement, so the box should be built to around 2 cubes before port, and should be around 1.5 after port, but the calc will tell you that

the generalization of port area is generally between 13-17 sq inch of port per cube..

you have 64 per cube LOL

Team DC Audio

i would just get the recommended specs, and use torres calc to build up the box with what you have to work with man...

lets say each sub requires .75 cubic feet, then you would want 1.5 after displacement, so the box should be built to around 2 cubes before port, and should be around 1.5 after port, but the calc will tell you that

the generalization of port area is generally between 13-17 sq inch of port per cube..

you have 64 per cube LOL

i dunno if i should have said this earlyer but these are sq subs and are recomended to be ran in a 1cf sealed box for each woofer, not to be ran in a ported box, they can get loud in a ported box but need a big one

the box i had them in befor was 2cf give or take tuned to around 36-38htz

could i still run this box sealed or does the port displace to much room and only make box 1.4-1.5cf?

but ya soundstream recomends u run them in a sealed box, might have to just run em sealed, can i get a 2cf common chamber box out of 24'' wide, 12'' tall, 11'' deep?