I just put HID's on my 2004 GMC Envoy and whenever i unlock the truck and it is dark out so that the light sensor on my dash thinks it is dark out, my headlights and reverse lights illuminate on my truck. The problem with this is that whenever i unlock the truck and it turns on the headlights and reverse lights, the ballasts for my low beam HID's buzz to all hell since the voltage going into it is so low. I have relays hooked up to all of the HID's and i did the capacitor mod i found on Trailvoy but i wanted to see if i can disable the headlights from flashing and turning on whenever i unlock my truck. If i unlock the truck in a bright area the headlights dont illuminate, only my parking lamps flash to show me i unlocked/locked it.

Please let me know if i can turn this off by programming it or if i need to do something else. I have programmed my alarm and tuned it several times so i am pretty comfortable doing it but am not sure what option if there is one i need to modify.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

damn u have a newer one, but on the older GM's blazer/jimmy/envoys some have that same thing where it turns them on....with the hid's too when it was in the garage it would half ass turn them on when starting the truck witch pissed me off

well on mine 00 gmc jimmy, the way to disable them is by having the parking brake barely pushed in just enough that it set the light on the dash and that way it wont turn them on

EDIT: try maybe checking the fuses, envoy forums for more help. im sure they will be able to figure something out

Edited by BeatBox

The problem with the brake is that i want the lights to NOT come on when i unlock the doors through my Viper 5901 remote. I have no problem with the daytime running lights since i did the mod to fix the voltage level as well as the relays to ensure i dont melt the tiny stock wiring harness for the headlights and i can provide enough power to the ballasts to kick them on.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

u can add a relay from your unlock wires that temporarily disconnects the headlights, then after lock is over they are connected again, eliminating the flash. If youre unfamiliar with relays let me know and ill draw you a diagram

MECP MASTER CEA208509

Proud employee of Alarms, ETC in lakeland, FL

ASE certified

2002 Tacoma:

4 RF P3 15s @ 28hz

2 RF T1500-1bdcps

2 pair Kicker QS

4 Pair RF Power 6s

3 RF p400-4

1 RF p200-2

ALP CDA-9887

u can add a relay from your unlock wires that temporarily disconnects the headlights, then after lock is over they are connected again, eliminating the flash. If youre unfamiliar with relays let me know and ill draw you a diagram

I am familiar with how to hook up relays. Does the wire need to be hooked up so it is closed when i unlock the truck or open? What wire do i have to tap into, do you know? If you could tell me if it needs to be always open or always closed and what wire i need to tap into that would be great.

Thank You

85 - unlock (neg pulse)

86 - 12v

87 - empty

87a - headlights (switch side) since u have relays on your HIDs, make this the car side of the switch that powers the relay

30 - the other side of the switch that powers your relay.

basically 30 and 87a will be connected always unless the unlock is fired, then 30 and 87a will disconnect for a second, and 30 ( your ballast ) will be connected to nothing ( 87 - empty )

MECP MASTER CEA208509

Proud employee of Alarms, ETC in lakeland, FL

ASE certified

2002 Tacoma:

4 RF P3 15s @ 28hz

2 RF T1500-1bdcps

2 pair Kicker QS

4 Pair RF Power 6s

3 RF p400-4

1 RF p200-2

ALP CDA-9887