Sundown Audio

fi btl n2 "12

ngriggs

If I got two amps that both put out 1000 wrms and hooked one up to each voice coil would that work?

Don't even think about doing this unless you know what your doing with tuning amps. If one is pushing more power than the other then one of the voice coils is going to be working harder than the other one which will cause them to die a lot sooner than they should. Get an amp that pushes out 2000-2500 wrms at 2 ohms. (unless you have the electrical to back up .5 which i doubt you do)

1990 Nissan 300zx Twin Turbo - Summer Ride(No system yet, lookin to get it up to 450-500 horse first!)2006 Chevy Malibu - Daily DriverDC Level 5 15", 2 APSM-1500's, 3.88 cu. ft. tuned to 32hz1992 Honda Prelude - SOLD2 18" TC 3hp Woofers on a Crescendo BC3500.1d, 12.7 cu. ft. tuned to 35hz7r.png

If I got two amps that both put out 1000 wrms and hooked one up to each voice coil would that work?

Don't even think about doing this unless you know what your doing with tuning amps. If one is pushing more power than the other then one of the voice coils is going to be working harder than the other one which will cause them to die a lot sooner than they should. Get an amp that pushes out 2000-2500 wrms at 2 ohms. (unless you have the electrical to back up .5 which i doubt you do)

What for amps, brand?´Maby you can strap the amps.

"in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley

Idk if it makes a difference but its got the himax coil and the cooling too.

The hixm coil is a added feature that results in using a voice coil with a longer wire winding height around the former which will result in more xmax

The cooling is multiple vents drilled vertically around the voice coil gap to allow air to go down and around the voice coil for far better cooling.

The cooling option also includes the p chamfer which is just that, a chamfer around the bottom of the pole to also bring the air down and around under the coil. It also eliminates some of the back pressure against the dust cap.

The cooling options are somthing that can not be seen by the eye unless the woofer is tore apart. So i will include 2 images of what the cooling options are.

First up is a DC Audio lvl 4 XL I just reconed, this motor/magnet has no cooling vents except the pole piece (which is the part in the middle of the motor with the big hole in it).

2011-08-20130007.jpg

This next motor is an Ascendant Audio Mayhem (which is simular to the first gen BTL). It comes stock fully loaded as people say.

You will notice this does not have a vented pole piece, but around the gap the voice coil sits in has 6 smaller vents drilled thru which allows the air to move in/out around both sides of the coil keeping it cool.

IMAGE_633.jpg