Preamp Voltages

ive already decided that im ordering either a pioneer avh-p4900dvd or an pioneer avh-5900dvd. the 4900 has a 2.2 volt preamp voltage, while the 5900 has 4 volt outputs. is there a huge difference, i will be running a t2k1 and a MA audio 4ch amp, will the voltage difference be that big of a change? thanks

It sounded pretty much the same - It is just the fact that the amps are now putting out the same amount of power with less gain.. this = happier more efficient amps = happier me.

ok, I got to agree with all of that accept for the part where it goes like "this = happier more efficient amps = happier me".

How is the amp working more efficient? Your amp is still putting out the same power while having the gain turned down more becuase your new HU has higher volt preamp outputs.

If you have your gain set correctly with a o-scope, or even a dmm, your amp will work just as hard as it did before to make its wattage with either a higher gain setting for low volted preamps, or a lower gain setting for higher preamps.

All a headunit does with higher volt preamp outputs does is make it so you dont have to crank your gain up high. BUT turning your gain up high WILL NOT hurt your amps if your headunit does have low volted preamp outs like pioneer does AS LONG AS YOU SET YOUR GAINS CORRECTLY.

I have a funny feeling that this is why Pioneer does not stress the high volted preamp outputs because it dont pay to stick extra money into something that does not matter.