lmctruck

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

If you're gonna change out the grille and headlights, don't mess around converting it to a Silverado. Change that shit to a Sierra it's MUCH better looking with a billet grill installed. Plus headlights and side markers are the same as silverado. Also, don't even think about this upgrade before the truck is mechanically sound. Get that transmission fixed son!

[/quote

Transmission is already in the process of getting rebuilt i get my Ignition switch Wednesday.I should get Tranny back not this week but next. Im awesome with wiring that my profession. And id say itll take me 1 hour to do this job.

If you're gonna change out the grille and headlights, don't mess around converting it to a Silverado. Change that shit to a Sierra it's MUCH better looking with a billet grill installed. Plus headlights and side markers are the same as silverado. Also, don't even think about this upgrade before the truck is mechanically sound. Get that transmission fixed son!

Sierra is the exact same truck except it says GMC on the grill instead of the chevy badge. and its not hard to get the billet inserts. its all the same.

It is NOT the same. The grille assembly is NOT the same and billet is still super easy to find for that bodystyle. GMC grilles look SO much better than the Chevy's. I've owned both and have always preferred Sierra over Silverado.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Sierra is the exact same truck except it says GMC on the grill instead of the chevy badge. and its not hard to get the billet inserts. its all the same.

It is NOT the same. The grille assembly is NOT the same and billet is still super easy to find for that bodystyle. GMC grilles look SO much better than the Chevy's. I've owned both and have always preferred Sierra over Silverado.

ooh yeh your right im a moron... i forgot the gmc grills are open and the chevy grills have the bar. what i get for being up for 27 hrs lol

ooh yeh your right im a moron... i forgot the gmc grills are open and the chevy grills have the bar. what i get for being up for 27 hrs lol

I wasn't trying to sound like a dick or anything, I hope you didn't think I was being that way. Some people don't really care about the difference in the GMC/Chevy front ends. I've always been a fan of the GMC a little more.

I wasn't trying to sound like a dick or anything, I hope you didn't think I was being that way. Some people don't really care about the difference in the GMC/Chevy front ends. I've always been a fan of the GMC a little more.

ooh no no i didnt get that im just saying i was a moron cause i forgot lol. for me being a chevy guy to forget something so simple

• 2 weeks later...

That front end looks great man. Did the headlights sit flush into the grille or did they stick out a bit? The first generation of those crystal eyes had a tendency to not want to sit flush without modifying the back of the housing. You should be able to find the wiring and plugs at a junkyard for next to nothing cost wise. Glad to see progress on it dude.

That front end looks great man. Did the headlights sit flush into the grille or did they stick out a bit? The first generation of those crystal eyes had a tendency to not want to sit flush without modifying the back of the housing. You should be able to find the wiring and plugs at a junkyard for next to nothing cost wise. Glad to see progress on it dude.

Have to remove it all again still to go buy some more light bulbs and the sockets i bought 2 sockets today i need 4 more. and 2 more bulbs and thats about it. they have blue light bulbs low and high beam blue

Archived