Sonic Electronix

Balls. My stupid car can't fit two 15"s. So two 12" or three 10"s

Hey SMD,

My dumb Ford Focus can't fit a 8 cubic feet box with room for more batteries and amps. I had a 15" and it took up alot of room. So I thought if I build it inside the trunk I could fit two 15" sealed off from the trunk. It's not going to work out.

My question....

Should I go with two 12"s or three 10"? Yes I want loud or I would have stayed with one 15"

Either Sundown Z or Fi Q

Sealed off from the trunk subs and port into cabin.

Using a DC 9K or 7.5k running at 4 ohm.

No rush, just want some input from all you knowledgeables so I can start planning

Thanksies

Google it

I feel your pain bro.. I lost my back seats because I couldnt put 4 15".. but hey I dont need passengers in the car, 1 is good enough. lol

VfA79.jpg

2004 Melky Toyota Scion xB

Kenwood Touchscreen Headunit

4 15" Kicker CVR

4 6" Audiopipe

6 8" Audiopipe

6 Tweeters Audiopipe

1 Rockford Fosgate T2500.1 bd

1 Lanzar 3000

1 Audiopipe 1500

2 Optimum YellowTop Batteries

The Big Three

19" rims

and more..

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/119197-build-log-scion-xb-4-15-kicker/

Three tens would have more cone area and motor force. And why would you only run at 4 ohms?

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

Thats true. He should definitely go with 3 10" and wire it to .97 ohms.

VfA79.jpg

2004 Melky Toyota Scion xB

Kenwood Touchscreen Headunit

4 15" Kicker CVR

4 6" Audiopipe

6 8" Audiopipe

6 Tweeters Audiopipe

1 Rockford Fosgate T2500.1 bd

1 Lanzar 3000

1 Audiopipe 1500

2 Optimum YellowTop Batteries

The Big Three

19" rims

and more..

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/119197-build-log-scion-xb-4-15-kicker/

Can't run at 1 ohm people, not enough power from the alternator. So run like 3k RMS at 4 ohm :) I can't do a wall because I built panels for the back doors and my middle seat is a console with two 10"s and an amp, way too much work and money to just scrap :( Wall in my next car for sure.

so three 10"s?

Google it

Can't run at 1 ohm people, not enough power from the alternator. So run like 3k RMS at 4 ohm :) I can't do a wall because I built panels for the back doors and my middle seat is a console with two 10"s and an amp, way too much work and money to just scrap :( Wall in my next car for sure.

so three 10"s?

Hold on. Someone correct me if im wrong but power is power. If you are making 2000 watts at 4 ohms or 2000 watts at 1 ohm wont you pull just about the same amount of power?

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

Cleaner power...less heat. Basically, more efficient, look at any amp's birthsheet...the efficiency is amazing at 4 ohms. I have a Mechman 200, can't fit a bigger one, and three Kinetik 1400's. Want to add 2 more.

I don't mind paying for a 7.5k, should never have the need to upgrade an amp :)

Edited by monkeyleg

Google it