DD1 is awesome !

P1000513.jpg

Well I received mine this week, today was the first chance I got to use it. Using the 0db tracks my kenwood headunit went to a 32 out of 35 with sub volume at +7 with no distortion. I wanted to make my volume ceiling at 28 ( I had been stopping at 26 or 27) which leaves me some room for older quieter music. I listened to the -5 and -10db 40hz tracks and compared it to some of the bass cds I have and I decided to use the -5db track. I dont turn up the sub volume or use any bass boost when the head unit volume is high, So I set sub volume at 0 Head unit at 28 and went on to the kicker zx1500.1 As with most I set it originally by ear and I had it at about one click before 12 o'clock. After testing with the DD1 I discovered that I could turn my amp 4 clicks higher to about the One o'clock position with no distortion. So I went and tried it out, OMG I cant believe the difference !!

Steve M. and Tony D. thanks so much! :yahoo:

Edited by lapaynem4

Kenwood KDC-BT33

Sundown Audio SAE-100.4  -  4 Crescendo Audio SC-650s     

Sundown Audio SCV-6000D  @  (.5 ohm)   -   2 DC Audio LVL5 M5 Elite 15s (d2)

6.45 ft Box ( Net ) tuned to 30 Hz  -   (  APM - 2  = 151.2 db  )

2004 Chevrolet Trailblazer LS 4WD

Brand X 390 Alternator - XS Power PSC30 

XS Power D3400  (front)  -  3 XS Power D3100s  (rear)

Knukoncepts Kolossus Flex 1/0  -  SMD Meters  -  SMD Fuse Holders

Sky High Copper Battery Terminals  -  Amp Lab RPMC v2 

SPL Cartel Bass Knob  -  Toolmaker Copper Amp Inputs                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

You should use the sub volume on your deck.

Then your amp could be turned all the way down.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

You should use the sub volume on your deck.

Then your amp could be turned all the way down.

arent most decks like pioneer centered around 0db with the sub volume? are u saying push it all the way to +6 then set the gains? then that would defeat the purpose of making -/+ adjustments for bass quiet music?

Edited by VIP3R

2 Sundown Audio SA-10s

Box built by Speed of Sound

Kicker 1500.1

Infinity Ref 475a

Rockford Fosgate T1682c 6x8s

Pioneer Premier DEH-510UB

XS Power D6500

Stock 130amp Alt

Big 3

Build Log

Thats great that you got yours. I want to see a video of after its been adjusted. Im waiting to get some money to then purchase that DD-1. Its a great investment as well for out here in Puerto Rico, because out here everyone adjusts by ear. :drinks:

VfA79.jpg

2004 Melky Toyota Scion xB

Kenwood Touchscreen Headunit

4 15" Kicker CVR

4 6" Audiopipe

6 8" Audiopipe

6 Tweeters Audiopipe

1 Rockford Fosgate T2500.1 bd

1 Lanzar 3000

1 Audiopipe 1500

2 Optimum YellowTop Batteries

The Big Three

19" rims

and more..

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/119197-build-log-scion-xb-4-15-kicker/