Second Skin Audio

Downsize and Louder?

I think ive had over ten set ups in my trailblazer ranging from 18's to 15's, which all took up around ten cubes, however, Im doing a few performance mods and want to downsize my system from having a ten cube box to something more convenient. I know i can go smaller and still be around a 150db.

I have 1 15" BTL n2 left, and two amps laying around: orion 2500 as well as an xxx4000 soundstream.

i plan on sub up port back, but my goals are to stay clean, 4-5cubes max, and over a 147.x.

What would yield better results, keeping the 15 and doing a crazy box design ex. aeros/4th order/t-line.

Or going with a little more cone area like 2 12" hdc3s with a slot/aero port? I plan on having ram designs do the enclosure again, i just need a little advice as to what combination should work the best.

With that power id do 2 12's

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Like Ray said, 2 12s. You'd need more space for a proper 4th order for that 15", not to mention that powers pushing it. Cone area+motor force = :woot:.

Edit: Thought the XXX line did over rated. Maybe thats at higher voltage. :Doh:

Edited by tonedeaf