CJs F150- 8/10..1 9k??? Nope....2!!!!

Ok here it is.

First problem I encountered tonight was belt clearance issue down at the bottom here where it was hitting the engine block. First solution was to go get new smaller idler pullies.

Before-

53dd63a6.jpg

Here you can see the lip of the engine block that the belt WAS hitting.

331df7c5.jpg

New Idler Pullies

f886c709.jpg

759005d3.jpg

bebd48dd.jpg

Belt ready to be put on. It took a 142" belt to fit the wrap I came up with.

0fae7891.jpg

Almost clear

fa7f3cfd.jpg

It actually ended up ground down more than this but I forgot to take a final pic

cf3f596b.jpg

The only thing left now is to find a idler pully that is 1/4" smaller for the bottom left to get the perfect belt travel that I am looking for and to give me perfect clearance.

ec1db821.jpg

Video uploading now.

Who wants to see the first F150 with triple alts???

Me me me!

Damn pic ninja'd!

That looks cool! So, was that originally a dual bracket?

Nice work, keep it up man! :drink40:

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Solo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build

thats some good shit Cj, u do some serious work bro. what was the baddest part of that instal?

REFF'S
My link
EBAY
http://feedback.ebay...ck&myworld=true
I love car audio so much because I will never be done. I can never win, and I will never get it finished or perfect. It always has me coming back for more, I can never get my fill of it, but I get what I need.

Who wants to see the first F150 with triple alts???

Me me me!

Damn pic ninja'd!

That looks cool! So, was that originally a dual bracket?

Nice work, keep it up man! :drink40:

This was built as a triple bracket but for a 4.6l F150. Mine is the 5.4 and the front of the engine is different. I had to basically come up with my own way to make the belt fit and then actually make it work.

thats some good shit Cj, u do some serious work bro. what was the baddest part of that instal?

Hmm the baddest part, thats gonna be a long list.

1) The big idler pulley you see on the left pic with the mounting bracket was made to bolt to the front of the 4.6. On my truck this was hitting the engine block and would not allow me to install the bracket, so it had to go.

2) The mount for that pulley hit the oil filler cap so a notch had to be cut into the bracket for it to actually fit onto the bolt holes on the engine.

31472641.jpg

3) All of the stock bolt were chicken shit and they had to be replaced

4) Had to find the right size belt. I got lucky and it only took me 2 tries. 142" fits perfect.

5) In the pic below you can see the back bracket that gives the alt bracket front to back stability. This is the one from my dual bracket, so I am having to fabricate one from scratch. To make this bracket able to fit I had to cut another small piece off of the alt bracket.

6b8d3867.jpg

6) Once I got the bracket and alts installed, 2 of the idler pulleys were too big. I had to find 2 smaller pulleys so that I was not maxing out the tensioner. Even with the new smaller pulleys I still had some belt rub on the engine block which required some grinding seen below.

cf3f596b.jpg

7) I have found a smaller pulley that should give me perfect clearance and a perfect belt wrap and keep me from having any issues.

That is it so far for the pain in the ass of this install. Definitely not something I recommend doing if you dont have any experience with southern engineering.

Archived