CJs F150- 8/10..1 9k??? Nope....2!!!!

I will do alot more testing tomorrow. The only thing I am really worried about is massive RPM loss when the alts load down. I dont know if it was that or my foot slipping off the pedal but we will see.

The next thing on my to do list is an external throttle control to solve that issue. I am also going to look into raising my idle set point from 800 to 1000-1200.

wht is ur voltage now with these alts?

idle amp these putting out?

moving idle from 800 > 1k or 1.2k i think will kill ur gas as well wht i think not sure yet

anyways perfect setup up till now

I have the voltage regulator set to charge at 16.7 for right now. The power programmer will be here tomorrow and I will play with some different settings and find what is best for me.

Welcome do another edition of an Iraggi Alternator taking a shit and leaving someone stranded.

Here is the culprit

a6a1adb9.jpg

I guess I am lucky that I got 3 years out of it as is. I was driving only about 1 mile down the road to a friends house to pick up some of my tools when my music suddenly crackled and cut out and a few of my warning lights kicked on. Then once I turned down the street to his house my gauges went out. I got to his house and my headlights were flashing randomly. I turned the truck off and got out to look under the hood to see what the fuck was going on and found nothing. I then tried to crank the truck and got nothing. I completely lost all power. I got a multi meter out and checked the battery and found it sitting at a solid 8.94v. Went back home and got the charger and got them charged up enough to get me back home to swap out the alt for my very first h/o alt, a Stinger 220.

Lesson for the day:

If you are running 2 separate charging systems, make sure you have voltage meters for both in the vehicle.

Ok now that I am done with my crappy night, here is what I got done tonight.

Put in the Stinger 220 and am charging perfectly now on the 12v side.

8c3ddd24.jpg

Swapped out for a larger pulley to give me a little bit more tension on the belt.

847bb02d.jpg

I am Just guessing that I have been driving for 2 days on just battery power from 1 D6500 under the hood, 1 d3400 in the back, and 1 d680 in the truck. I am lucky that I was so close to home when all of this happened.

Just from cranking it up the first time after installing the new alt for the 12v side, I did not notice as much wobble in the engine at idle. We will see tomorrow how it runs.

Now tomorrows plan is to get the new power programmer installed and in the morning the F150 is getting some new shoes. Ordered some Toyo h/t 285/45/22 that I am having put on in the morning.

With the edge evo youll be able to monitor voltage on the 12v system now :)

Is your truck lowered?

Good call on that one I didn't even think about that.

The truck is lowered. 1500lbs of audio shit will make it look that way at least.

On another note, got my new tires mounted this morning. Went with a wider tire and a little more side wall. The old ones were toyo proxes 265/40/22. These now are toyo open country h/t 285/45/22. It feels like I am riding on a cloud now compared to before.

9ad88a22.jpg

14c46793.jpg

Love the mesh covering on your power wires under the hood!!! Alts look good man!

*2013 NEW BUILD*

12- 18" Crossfire XS v2's B pillar 4th order wall

4- Crossfire 8K mono blocks

40+ pro audio mids tweeters and horns

3- Singer alternator 400a external regulated alts

tons of audiotechnix wire

24- XS Power D1400's

-TEAM XS POWER-

-TEAM CROSSFIRE-

-TDH-

tdh.png

XLs ARE IN!!!!!!!!!!

I decided to run 5 XLs and seal up one of the holes. I also added 6" to my port externally and shrunk it down 1" each way.

Level 3s out

49c7aecc.jpg

d7fac662.jpg

New port in

1497c4b2.jpg

7350edb4.jpg

03284985.jpg

Installing Subs

8fef30e4.jpg

34ff8520.jpg

c7d1c9c4.jpg

MONEY SHOT!

09ae686b.jpg

I have a few extra subs laying around for sale now. 4 XL 18s D2 and 6 Level 3 15s.

f4e728e7.jpg

New Port tuning is 27hz. I have to rebuild 3 of the trim panels bout other than that this sucker is good to go and one low nasty fucker. I did not get it on the meter tonight but will get some testing and numbers from it before the show in Macon on Saturday.

damn CJ and I thought this was loud before, i can't wait to hear it now, on some low low songs :D

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

Archived