how to hook up an extra battery?

well in your case, run the positive back to your rear battery with your fuses on it. then your negative from your front battery to a good ground in the rear. and then from that same ground location run it to the negative on your rear batt. and then from your rear batt, positive to positive on the amp, and negative on the battery to the negative on the amp. or you can just do the first plan, and go front battery positive, to rear battery positive and front battery negative to rear battery negative, and then from the rear batt, positive to amp positive, negative rear batt to negative on the amp. just remember to fuse. im sure wed all hate to watch our vehicles go down in flames or ruin your equipment just over a simple step.

well in your case, run the positive back to your rear battery with your fuses on it. then your negative from your front battery to a good ground in the rear. and then from that same ground location run it to the negative on your rear batt. and then from your rear batt, positive to positive on the amp, and negative on the battery to the negative on the amp. or you can just do the first plan, and go front battery positive, to rear battery positive and front battery negative to rear battery negative, and then from the rear batt, positive to amp positive, negative rear batt to negative on the amp. just remember to fuse. im sure wed all hate to watch our vehicles go down in flames or ruin your equipment just over a simple step.

That cleared things up really well for me. Thanks.

good but still dont need to run negative all way back there cuz your car is grounded arleady in the front. thats why people do the big 3 is so dont have to run negative all way back unless you are runn alot power and he not. i never ran negative back just my postive and done big 3 up from and made nice grounds threw out engine. i am running audiopipe 3k with 2 batter only one zero kicker postive to back and rest is linked and negative gounded in alot place in my trunk voltage dont drop below 12.5 on 90 amp alt.

1996 dodge stratus

audiopipe 3k

2 15 american bass xds

10 door speakers threw out car

kenwood head unit.

spl scores from trunk: 147.7db on 2k

extreme out side window-129.2db

kaos 3 min average music-138.3db

big 3 is alt to postive on battery. negative on battery to engine and than to fram. leave stock wires there though. more grounds to engine to frame is best cuz thats only grounds with engine cuz motor mounts are ruber and not contected. i always run like 4 or so grounds to frame to engine. sometimes big 3 dont do much but help on keep voltage up when hitting low notes.

1996 dodge stratus

audiopipe 3k

2 15 american bass xds

kenwood head unit.

yea, im doing the big 3 aswell, so ill skip the negative run and just ground it in the back somewere i can find. now would i need to hook up a power wire from the front batt to the alt? or no?!

thanks for the help guys, for real :)

The positive wire? If so, that would be part of your BIG 3 setup... Yes

If you mean negative to alternator case, some do some don't... some cannot find it... Like me... :peepwall:

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

ya on my car my voltage only went up to 14v from 13.7v cuz dodge stratus have good grounds and postive already but my voltage didnt drop below 12.5 after i did on low notes so you see big difference there.

1996 dodge stratus

audiopipe 3k

2 15 american bass xds

kenwood head unit.

i like to ground in back one each side of the car and one on back side and drill hole threw away from the muffler and ground to under neath side on the frame in good spot and paint it so dont crowed.

1996 dodge stratus

audiopipe 3k

2 15 american bass xds

kenwood head unit.