Second Skin Audio

4 12's in a T-Line

FIrst off I would like to thank Forevrbumpn for his tutorial, w/o it I probably would not have undertaken this project.

So, I decided one day that I wanted to build a T-line for a buddies car, it housed a single 12. Once I was finished with it, installed and listened, I knew right away that I must have one, it sounded amazing and produced tremendous bass for what it was. So, I went to the hardware store and purchased a butt load of glue, screws, and MDF. I started building on Saturday morning at 0600 and had the box installed on Sunday night. It wasnt complete, but it was close. I just had to see what it sounded like so I installed it. Ok, the box is 17 cu.ft with exterior dimensions of 62"w x 33"h x 28"l and houses 4 Skar Audio vvx-12's. The line is 9 feet long making it ~32hz tuned. It is a tri-fold with a port of 5" x 59". Its slightly small, ~20 sq.in. I placed this behemoth in a 06 dodge ram quad cab, but its not in the cab. I cut the bed and cab open and placed the box in the bed. Its a blow through, this way I can still haul my kids around if necessary. Ok, enough with the talk and on with the videos. Sorry I dont have progress pics or vids, I am single minded when it comes to working and normally dont stop until I drop or the project is finsihed. Ok on with the vids.

you have 295 sq inches of port. for four twelves you need around 400.

did you do this for power handling? im curious

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

That is so sick dude, I have always wanted to see someone do a big T-line like this, congrats on making it. that shit is awesome!

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Np dude, Those guys that are talking about the calculations know what they are talking about when it comes to boxes. If you didn't have space to have it proper, its not a error but what ever.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Np dude, Those guys that are talking about the calculations know what they are talking about when it comes to boxes. If you didn't have space to have it proper, its not a error but what ever.

Yea, I cut the hole in my cab as large as I dare. Probably made it too large anyways. The hole is 59" x 19", only a couple inches left below the glass. Looks like I have to fiberglass the box, the bed liner isnt sealing it well enough. I will Start with the top and see how that does.

Anyone know if I have to use the matt or can I just use resin to seal it?