Sundown Audio

Amp clipping indicators ???

Fish Chris

Autruch. Finally someone who gets it. I have just upgraded you to a silver membership for your post. I couldnt have said it better myself.

steve, he basically said what i said first :pardon:

and lol at your description of car audio cumming haha.

fish, does my first post now make sense to you? i bought a DD1 a while back, and just set my gains with it a few days ago and got my subs back in today, and its amazing. i can beat on my subs without fear of clipping, and its a much more enjoyable experience now. glad you got everything tuned in just right and its that much better :drinks:

Alpine CDA-9886Hertz Mille 3 ways active

Hertz SPL Show 8's

2 Audison Voce Quattro's2 DC Audio M2 Level 5 12'sDC Audio 12.0KKnuKonceptz Wiring4 XS Power D3100'sDC Power 390XPSecond Skin Damplifier Pro and Dynamat Xtreme

Esy3YgK.jpg

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes. The only thing that's still kind of tripping me out, is that the minimum and maximum bass settings I need, now seem to have narrowed way down.... if that makes any sense to you.

I mean, I guess this is another plus actually, to not have to be way over cranking, or practically turning off the sub, to have the right amount.... Just surprising it had that effect, that's all.

Fish

Autruch. Finally someone who gets it. I have just upgraded you to a silver membership for your post. I couldnt have said it better myself.

fish, does my first post now make sense to you? i bought a DD1 a while back, and just set my gains with it a few days ago and got my subs back in today, and its amazing. i can beat on my subs without fear of clipping, and its a much more enjoyable experience now. glad you got everything tuned in just right and its that much better :drinks:

I talked to tony about the vu meters.

He said its something hes working on.

But who just worked a deal for the only white led proto type??

Me bitches.

Haha.

Already got stupid dumb install ideas for it.

Cant wait.

So stoked.

Thanks tony

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

and what dose this do?

bit confused lol

AUSTRALIA do i need say more?

HU: some crap pionee

AMP: dc 9k @ 18v

SUB: 4 elevation audio sqx 12"

Battery: 2 neuton power 8200d

burp setup for fun 152's

soon to come: rebuilt soundstream xxx (2 18" OR 3 15" wall) Bunch speakers, more batts and new HU

Just fancy lights.

Vu meter. Google it and check it out.

Tonys design is on youtube.

Search damore vu meter

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

that right there. looks sick how do i get one lol

and whats with the comment? it distorts cause of the dd-1?

edit! his site http://damoreengineering.com/Products.html

HMM wonder what they cost i wanna be first in aus to have one lol

AUSTRALIA do i need say more?

HU: some crap pionee

AMP: dc 9k @ 18v

SUB: 4 elevation audio sqx 12"

Battery: 2 neuton power 8200d

burp setup for fun 152's

soon to come: rebuilt soundstream xxx (2 18" OR 3 15" wall) Bunch speakers, more batts and new HU

Holy $#!+ ! :)

But hey, before I say more, you have to remember that I never said the DD 1 wouldn't help.

But looking at it all in retrospect, I guess I was placing too much emphasis on the (what I was calling) clipping indicator lights on my amp.

I know now, that my deck can play at 33 (It goes to 35) without any clipping at all. We set my bass on my deck at '0' and my bass control knob to about 2pm (or say, 60%)

Anyway, long story short, my setup has never sounded louder, or clearer !

Now I just need to get my other set of components in....

And deaden the $#!+ out of my roof and doors....

And then whatever else comes next. It never really ends, does it ?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh hey Steve, your shop setup is freaking ridiculous ! Dudes, I swear I was standing 15 feet back, between those two towers, and it had my pants legs blowing more than the system in my truck...... and this is in a HUUUGE industrial shop, compared to the cab of a 1/2 ton truck ! Unbelievable ! Just straight up concert kind of shiz right there !

And yea', as I said in the vid..... Steves Ho was unbelievable back in the day, with 'only' 20Kwts. But now.... Well it's almost impossible to describe to anybody who hasn't sat in a vehicle with a 30Kwt system, and no description is necessary, for anybody who has. Of course the bass is so strong, it feels like your lungs might collapse ! But what I especially noticed was how much louder + clearer the mids/highs were, from the old setup. That was really even more noticeable than the bass increase.

Oh, and thank God we played with my setup "before" we sat in the Ho ! Or else, I might have thought my system got way weaker ;)

LOL Lord knows NOTHING sounds loud, after setting in the Ho ! Leastwise, nothing I've ever sat in.

Anyway, thanks so much again buddy. I totally appreciate the stereo tuning.

Anxious to get back out that way someday soon :)

Peace,

Fish

no prob bro, my pleasure. :drinks: thanks!!!

bassnectar ftw!!!! I've been reading this whole thread and learning. Lots of good info in here so far. I'm a believer in the DD-1 as well. I got way more out of my highs. I gain matched my amps to 46 on the hu, but after using my DD-1 I could turn it up to 56. Those towers are freaking sick steve! Mad props for helping a member on the site! Please keep the good info coming guys!

Yes. The only thing that's still kind of tripping me out, is that the minimum and maximum bass settings I need, now seem to have narrowed way down.... if that makes any sense to you.

I mean, I guess this is another plus actually, to not have to be way over cranking, or practically turning off the sub, to have the right amount.... Just surprising it had that effect, that's all.

Fish

yeah man, i get what youre sayin. my alpine HU goes from 0-15 db. i keep it at 0, and go up just to boost. after setting with the dd1, i can only go to 1 or 2 before i get the little red light. but in just that one notch, it gets a bit louder. and with one more, again. i only need to use one or 2 most of the time (out of 15) but some songs, i go up to 5 for short periods of time. i like how it is now.

and tony's LED gauges look awesome. hope theyre reasonably priced at some point so i can put some in my car

Alpine CDA-9886Hertz Mille 3 ways active

Hertz SPL Show 8's

2 Audison Voce Quattro's2 DC Audio M2 Level 5 12'sDC Audio 12.0KKnuKonceptz Wiring4 XS Power D3100'sDC Power 390XPSecond Skin Damplifier Pro and Dynamat Xtreme

Esy3YgK.jpg

Archived