DC Sound Lab

XL 18" gets stinky...

Another thing to consider box aside is just because you have a product that can take X amount of power and another that puts out Y amount of power Doesn't always mean you can hammer on it ALL day. Anytime you have a product playing at these power levels you are going to create heat. And A lot of it. A little common sense needs to play out when you have a larger stereo. Just cause a car can do 140mph, doesn't mean you should do it for the next 500 miles

Also, what may work in one persons system, may not in yours. There is so many variables to everyone's setup

i know, and i completly agree.

i dont slam this sub all day, shit not even a full song most of the time.

reason i bumed this is cause i got this sub smellin bad, way to quick the other day. within less then half a song. it was a pretty low decaf song im thinkin about 30Hz.

im just worried about damaging the sub over time really.

and i do like my lows. so if i can figure it out and build a new enclosure with a low F3 point id do it

2014 Chevy Silverado Crewcab

1994 Chevy Full Size blazer

I have all the best test equipment oscopes and all. Three HO alternators and a huge battery bank. I can adjust amps too a safe point with test tones but here is what happens to a lot of people including me. When playing music you can run into a track where clipping was recorded into the track on purpose. One guy that does this a lot is Trent Reznor AKA nine inch nails. I can go for weeks without a smell then all of a sudden there it is and at a volume level that’s not even close to pushing the limits of my subs. so when I read this and I see where people are saying certain songs cause a smell I kind or figured I ought to post up this little bit of knowledge for ya.

mobile chornobyl

+1 on the f3 equation or how to figure it. I also am in need of a box design but I have one dc level 4 15"

I've gotten a blowjob and picked up my iphone behind her back to see what email notification I got from smd before

Yeah I was playing my lvl 5 earlier and it got stinky. So thanks for making this thread. drinks.gifhelped me figure out it is probably the box.

Edited by vettedude102

2 polk audio 4x6'skenwood head-unit 220 amp Mechman alt1979 Corvette

2003 corvette z06

alpine radio and the bose system that came stock

when i FIRST hooked up my XL 15s to my 5k i got some smell but they were FRESH out of the box and i think it was just some excess glue and resistance from the brand new spiders...now i rail on them and they dont even get warm...havent had smell since.

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

when i FIRST hooked up my XL 15s to my 5k i got some smell but they were FRESH out of the box and i think it was just some excess glue and resistance from the brand new spiders...now i rail on them and they dont even get warm...havent had smell since.

Chode thats what i thought it was at first too, first power up was on a AQ2200D @ 2 ohm (D1 sub) and i dont think i got it that stinky. then wired it down to .5 and could get it stinky

Now its running on a RF T2500BDCP @ 2ohm. on a low song i can get it stinky baddd, like the entire truck. ive been railing on it for a while now. on higher note songs it doesnt get stinky that much. but on a low song its damn near on command and happens on less then half a song.

Its tuning bro..and or clipping.. mine does the same thing. Try a new box tuned lower

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

Its tuning bro..and or clipping.. mine does the same thing. Try a new box tuned lower

tuned around 32Hz, and everything set with the DD-1. and i mainly play decaf songs when it does get stinky. (on his lower songs)

i wanna try a new box. like to get one from ray but he shut the design thread down. :shrug: