DC Sound Lab

XL 18" gets stinky...

ok so sometimes after slammin a full song or song and a half, i cant start to smell my XL, witch is still farley new, but broken in a lil bit.

ive set everything up with my DD-1, and i still even go by the AQ clip light

i know im not clippin, but my question is?

i Am running the sub @ .5 on a AQ2200D, i heard somewhere that the lower ohm load can cause the sub to heat up faster?

maybe the combo of the low ohm load and my voltage droppin a lil bit?

2014 Chevy Silverado Crewcab

1994 Chevy Full Size blazer

that could be it and also maybe the coil has somthing on it glue when they where making it and when the coil gets hot its just starts to stink alil

idk if i worded that correctly sorry

CAR

-2005 Ford Mustang (Legand Lime)

H/U

-Pioneer avh 3200dvd

Amps

2 AQ 3500d.1s strapped 1ohm daily .25burps

1Sundown Audio 100.4

1 Sundown Audio 125.2

Subs

4 AQ HDC'4s 12's

Mids and highs

4 Sundown Neo Pro 8s

2 AQ Super Tweeters

Electronical

Mechman 270 unit

1 D3400

2 D3100's

WALLED!

that could be it and also maybe the coil has somthing on it glue when they where making it and when the coil gets hot its just starts to stink alil

ive thought it was maybe some glue also, im just being extra careful, dont wanna fuck up my first DC sub.

ive thought it was maybe some glue also, im just being extra careful, dont wanna fuck up my first DC sub.

I'm kinda on the same page as u. I had recently had my gains set with the dd-1 but I can still get them stinky. I'm running mine at 2.8 btw. Idk tho some people have said that dc subs tend to smell at first. (correct me if I'm wrong)

2008 TahoeHU-PioneerMids/Highs amp- sundown 200.4Mids/Highs- hertz xls, hertz ml 700, audison voce tweetsAmp-2 AQ 3500sSubs-FI SP418sAlt-singer 350Big 3 1/0

a1c59399-4196-4eaa-b853-46c1480ed3ab.jpg

Build Log

UBL My YouTube channel

I can get my xls stinky real quick below tuning also with low voltage from clipping. But certain songs I can rail a full 3min song with no smell

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

I'm kinda on the same page as u. I had recently had my gains set with the dd-1 but I can still get them stinky. I'm running mine at 2.8 btw. Idk tho some people have said that dc subs tend to smell at first. (correct me if I'm wrong)

mu 10's xl never got stinky at all, i just think its about the person who is building it might have spilled some on the coil, when i got my 15" recones on one of my coils like half of the coil had glue on it already so i know it was going get lil stinky but i been pretty hard on it and havnt got it stinky yet even tho i just have a 3500d1 on them

CAR

-2005 Ford Mustang (Legand Lime)

H/U

-Pioneer avh 3200dvd

Amps

2 AQ 3500d.1s strapped 1ohm daily .25burps

1Sundown Audio 100.4

1 Sundown Audio 125.2

Subs

4 AQ HDC'4s 12's

Mids and highs

4 Sundown Neo Pro 8s

2 AQ Super Tweeters

Electronical

Mechman 270 unit

1 D3400

2 D3100's

WALLED!

Below tuning being the magic word.

Or playing songs that are clipped themselves.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

my lvl 5 smelled like glue when i played it hard first in the box, and i know for sure it wasnt hot, i could smell glue ish whenever it played low notes. (gain half of what it should have been at, and voltage steady at 13.6)

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

Below tuning being the magic word.

Or playing songs that are clipped themselves.

i do play below tuning alot, mainly decaf songs though

nothing to do with the low ohm load?

I can get my xls stinky real quick below tuning also with low voltage from clipping. But certain songs I can rail a full 3min song with no smell

yea some songs i can play and not get stinky at all, i guess its those low songs