4 Audio Technix Stratos on proto 1500.1 Xterra update 12/14/12

I think you need to take another whack at that box. Its going to flex like crazy and the seams will probably start to give over any length of time. I would double baffle the whole thing and still brace the holy hell out of it. I'm sure you could also rebuild and keep it under the window line, there should be a plenty of space for them MTs in a shorter box and it would probably yield much better performance. You have a lot of high quality equipment there, no sense wasting it on a half-assed impractical box.

EDIT: Ah, I see your going to rebuild, I fail at reading.

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

If I buy something from you, DO NOT USE FEDEX!

I think you need to take another whack at that box. Its going to flex like crazy and the seams will probably start to give over any length of time. I would double baffle the whole thing and still brace the holy hell out of it. I'm sure you could also rebuild and keep it under the window line, there should be a plenty of space for them MTs in a shorter box and it would probably yield much better performance. You have a lot of high quality equipment there, no sense wasting it on a half-assed impractical box.

EDIT: Ah, I see your going to rebuild, I fail at reading.

LoL its all good bro. this is just a box to get some beat in, with some power, i decided to make a box for what is rated(2k perhaps). with 3500rms a piece, i should be able to make a 9-10cuft box(4.5-5cuft for wach woofer) at 33hz after displacement. hopefully the subs wont have a hard time with breathing in a small box and i think impedance rise will be a bitch, but only way to find out is to test it my self(about impedance rise. lol)

the next box will be with birch plywood, since i wont something with less wood and especially lighter box too. gas is a motherfucker on my car...especially riding on supreme.

How do the Japanese feel about bass?

You know that since 03/11/11

Progene? I just saw that stuff on CNN. They said it makes your junk shrink all up. lol.

im pretty sure the op wont even notice if it gets even smaller.

Refs - Pstone11, porksoda, coleman

Haven't seen MT's installs in a long time. How many layers of deadening did u put on the roof?

i only put 1 layer for now since the funds were a lil tight. im going to had another layer as i put more power in the subs. right now, i got 250rms each woofer, and it does sound pretty good for 500 watts

edit: the reason why is because i see a lot of DC(not hating for sure, thinking about getting a recone for my MT in the future), skar, or even DD. and i decided to go with the MT after having good luck on the HC(very old and rare today to find) and since i dont see MT build as often.

Progene? I just saw that stuff on CNN. They said it makes your junk shrink all up. lol.

just deadened the driver's door. since it was fresh outside, invest an hour and a half putting audio technix on the driver's door. will post pics in a few

looks good :good:

you got a double post there with pics lol

sucks about the tweeters, aint that some shty luck for all them to blow

what kind of stuff can u do on that apple tv? other than the obvious, never heard of it til now :pardon:

looks good :good:

you got a double post there with pics lol

sucks about the tweeters, aint that some shty luck for all them to blow

what kind of stuff can u do on that apple tv? other than the obvious, never heard of it til now :pardon:

fix'd LoL

and thanks :drinks:

i was think about selling the mids and go with another company but i love the design of the T142, so im just gonna buy 2 more components and sell the left over mids that i got (2used, and 2 new)

with the apple tv, i can save movies, music, photos, watch youtube, internet radio, music videos.....and when you have it jailbroken with XBMC(xbox media center) and boxee, you can hook up a hardrive with media and play them from the apple tv(samething with flash drives and cell phones), use pandora with WiFi, and so much more. and i got the 1st gen w/ 160gb hard drive.

Damn Los they need to send you your amp already. Your pods are lookin better then mine already.

2012 GMC SIerra CC

System Build

Headunit--Stock

Sub Amp--DC 2.0k

Subs--2-SA8v2's

Enclosure--Need one made!!

Highs Amp--Sundown SAX-100.4

Front Highs--Rockford Fosgate T2652-S

Rear--Sundown Neo Pro 6.5

XS Power D2400--XS D3400

No Big Three yet!

http://www.youtube.c...ser/raolito1980

Damn Los they need to send you your amp already. Your pods are lookin better then mine already.

muchas gracias. LoL. im hitting up navid today to see if he is sending me a replacement since his repairman is fucking up and wont cotact anyone. and right now im waiting for my money from financial aid to get a set of hole saw to make a flush cut of the tweeter pods. and im going to reposition the 4in pod again because i really dont like it how it sets in the car.

• 2 weeks later...

Update as of today. I received the amp, finally after almost 2 months of bullshit, but not navid's fault at all since he sent me a new replacement due to some miscommunication with his repair man....well I hooked it up, and just love the way it turned out for now. Will have numbers tomorrow if Coleman(from audio technix) let's me play with some burps on his term lab. Lol

• 4 weeks later...

UPDATE: i sold 1 Re MT because im switching out subs....heres a hint.

IMAG0415.jpg

IMAG0412.jpg

and no im not doing 12s. im doing 15s. just had the 12in basket for comparison on how big that fucking motor is.

Archived