Sonic Electronix

1000$ budget for high SQ/SPL for Civic '01!

I edited it for joo.

Sorry bud.

Changes are a comin round here. I know you mean well. But crap comments are over.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

No worries! I read the post. I thought SQ was sound quality? That's why I was looking at that TC subwoofer. Apparently it can go pretty loud and low/high without any distortion and clarity, with the bonus of being loud. I guess I want clear and loud. I couldn't understand shit all in my friend's car. How much space am I willing to sacrifice? All of it. My civic coupe is only driven by me. The rear trunk might as well completely get used up. As for the amp, anything you guys would reccomend. Please post links and what not.

What about for enclosures and setting up the systems? Should I just cave in and get geek squad to do it (oh god I hope I don't regret typing that!)? I'm more of a software guy. Can't do shit with my hands.

Well you need to measure what can either fit in the trunk through the opening, or be ready to build into the trunk. Its a pain in the ass to build in the trunk, but you can utilize a ton more space. I have a 98 civic 4 dr, and I think mines a tad bigger than yours...you should be able to fit 2 12s in there though. As for subs...a sub will play whatever you tell it to, even the stuff it shouldnt. What hz range it can play is more based on the box and how you build it/design it vs what subs you put in the box. SQ is sound quality, which is alot more than just sounding clean. Focus on the design and what you can fit comfortably over a poor design.

No worries! I read the post. I thought SQ was sound quality? That's why I was looking at that TC subwoofer. Apparently it can go pretty loud and low/high without any distortion and clarity, with the bonus of being loud. I guess I want clear and loud. I couldn't understand shit all in my friend's car. How much space am I willing to sacrifice? All of it. My civic coupe is only driven by me. The rear trunk might as well completely get used up. As for the amp, anything you guys would reccomend. Please post links and what not.

What about for enclosures and setting up the systems? Should I just cave in and get geek squad to do it (oh god I hope I don't regret typing that!)? I'm more of a software guy. Can't do shit with my hands.

Well you need to measure what can either fit in the trunk through the opening, or be ready to build into the trunk. Its a pain in the ass to build in the trunk, but you can utilize a ton more space. I have a 98 civic 4 dr, and I think mines a tad bigger than yours...you should be able to fit 2 12s in there though. As for subs...a sub will play whatever you tell it to, even the stuff it shouldnt. What hz range it can play is more based on the box and how you build it/design it vs what subs you put in the box. SQ is sound quality, which is alot more than just sounding clean. Focus on the design and what you can fit comfortably over a poor design.

I second this. You can make almost every sub sound good with a good box and hit any note Just depending on you box tuning.

Well, maybe 1300 for everything. As in setup, enclosure, sub, mids, tweeters, amp.

How should I go about checking how much I can fit in the back trunk?

Another issue, is there any way to get rid of my car rattling if I do this? I don't want crap getting loosened up like screws and what not. It looks cool but it stupid./

Sound dampening will help with vibrations, but flex not so much. Most rattles from civics are the plastic panels, especially the rear deck. Sound dampening/weather stripping will remedy that.

Measure the opening of the trunk to see what will fit. See how tall/wide/deep the box will fit. Using cardboard will work wonders to model as a box.

x3 on the 1000 woofer thing but im sure somewhere down the line the quality should catch up with the price.I have a few woofers id like to try and own and that lms is sick if you ask me.

Now if all you got is 1000 and you want that sub you clearly are going to break your budget.Most sub woofers play anywhere from 250hz down to ill say 25hz It will be the install that determines the sound along with the quality of product. woofers that have a natural mechanical sound(really annoying).

Edited by lilboom

SuperBass

check out⊂ http://www.youtube.com/Bassknots

129.3 meca 136.8 db drag (60 hz peak)

http://bassknotsstereo.blogspot.com/

comment/subscribe and stay tuned ,working on 150 db http://www.stevemead...r/page__st__380

x3 on the 1000 woofer thing but im sure somewhere down the line the quality should catch up with the price.I have a few woofers id like to try and own and that lms is sick if you ask me.

Now if all you got is 1000 and you want that sub you clearly are going to break your budget.Most sub woofers play anywhere from 250hz down to ill say 25hz It will be the install that determines the sound along with the quality of product. woofers that have a natural mechanical sound(really annoying).

250hz and lower? Can you please not post on things you dont know. Subs play SUBSONIC frequencies. Most people set theyre LPF @ 80 hz. Midbass is responsible for the 60ish-250ish range. Subs can also play down to well below 25 hz depending on what you are looking for. Hell, most HT setups play down to 10-15 hz.

Ok, 1000 for a complete system will actually be somewhat of a challenge to do. Wires, multiple amps, sub, speakers, materials, enclosure, sound dampening, etc. Don't get me wrong, it is do-able, but you need to make sure you get the best bang for your buck. There are many companies that are budget friendly and preform. To get clear, subwoofers play or are filtered usually to play 25-80 or 90hz. The reason his/friends sub hits higher notes well like in the high 40s/50s is probably due to a prefabricated enclosure he bought which are ALWAYS tuned high which causes the loudness to ear when hearing higher notes(a guess but usually what beginning enthusiasts/bassheads have). A daily custom enclosure that anyone can make if they have a jigsaw and a drill should be tuned around 33-38hz depending on music preference and made from MDF or Birch. That's all I got for now, going to sleep.

Edited by ChevyBoy95

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

try looking at audioque, or even cheaper alpines or rockford fosgates. Me personally im a huge audioque fan for subs and i love soundstream and kenwood mids and highs.. Although its mostly based around your build as what sounds good. Take your time and think it all out before you go spending all your cash then changing your mind unless you plan on doing build after build

2000 stratus10 SunDown E-10s

Singer 250amp Alt

Xs Power D975Concept c2400All 0 gauge wire10 6 1/2's in Rear Doors