Worth buying this alternator?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BLACK-PC-NEW-CHEVY-GMC-HIGH-OUTPUT-ALTERNATOR-200-AMP-/360325134537?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item53e50d38c9

Guy has a shitload of positive feedback. can i trust the numbers?

Already been fucked out of an alternator prior

Have a $150 dollar investment in my shed rotting away that if someone would like to take a look at and fix, that would be greatly appreciated :)

Side note, bought a 220 amp kit from springhillautoelectric with a 46mm pully. shit put out nothing at idle or was broken when installed. all internal pieces switched minus rotor which is probably the problem?

GL :pardon:

not to say its bad but say YOU DO BUY IT and it ends up being a POS your gonna be back deeper in a hole

IMO save alittle more $$, unless u have $$$ now to buy from a well know alternator company that will stand behind their product

an alternator isnt cheap and i wouldnt cheap out by going with something off ebay, but thats just me

Edited by BeatBox

Hell no bro dont buy that shit. I bought one from them a couple years ago when I was just gettin back into car audio and the thing didnt put out near what it said it would and then straight up burnt up after about a week of use. I called them and spoke to their "tech". He said they would refund it but he was busy and would call me back with return information. Never called back and I could never get anybody back on the line when I called back about 10 times. Finally said fuck it and just ate it. Went with DC and have been a happy camper for about a year and a half now lol.

Edited by ryderonthestorm

RF_728x090_caraudiofanatics-1.jpg

xs-1.jpg

logo-1.png

1991 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

DC Power 270 Amp Alt

Big 3

Kicker/KnuKonceptz 0 Gauge Power wire

XS Power D6500

XS Power D3100

Pioneer Headunit

JBL Mids and Highs

Rockford Fosgate 400.4

3 Sundown Audio SA-10's wired @ .67 ohms

American Bass 150.1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BLACK-PC-NEW-CHEVY-GMC-HIGH-OUTPUT-ALTERNATOR-200-AMP-/360325134537?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item53e50d38c9

Guy has a shitload of positive feedback. can i trust the numbers?

Already been fucked out of an alternator prior

Have a $150 dollar investment in my shed rotting away that if someone would like to take a look at and fix, that would be greatly appreciated :)

Side note, bought a 220 amp kit from springhillautoelectric with a 46mm pully. shit put out nothing at idle or was broken when installed. all internal pieces switched minus rotor which is probably the problem?

DB Electrical has been around for a while, so they seem pretty reputable. I don't know this as fact, but I get the gut feeling that they simply re-manufacture and rebuild those alts with "hot" parts (hence the overdrive pulley).

Don't get me wrong- I did the exact same thing you did: I rebuilt my small case alternator with hot parts from Spring Hill Auto Electric too. Put a small pulley on it and let her rip. I have low voltage issues at Idle too- not really low, but none of this 14.4+ at idle. At 1,000+ rpm though, it holds pretty well. I don't compete with this thing and wouldn't be able to. Plus- I really don't trust it enough to be a daily driver.

Neither of these are close to a proper DC Power, MechMan, or etc... but- they are half the price. So... you get what you pay for. :pardon:

***NINJA'd!!!***

Edited by Colin - 1HVYHTR

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

the few people i know that have used db electrical, have had no issue, but they have had <2000 rms systems, not sure if that matters

id suggest getting a quote from mike singer at singer alternators, see where his price range lands for you, for me, his price was a good deal cheaper for same power alt then some of the competitors i got quotes from and he has a great reputation in the car audio community for multiple reasons and ive heard nothing but good things about his alts

also hoping for a used one from a more reputable company or saving up is the other way to go

Edited by kynto

you have a very common vehicle so im sure youll find one

try making a thread here if u want

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/forum/17-want-to-buy/

tried, No1 has responded yet :| would really like to get my system going. and im only going to be running less than 2000-2500 rms (including the 4 chan amp)

Currently Autotek mm2000.1d (2006)

jensen 100.4 cuz i had it laying around lol.

the few people i know that have used db electrical, have had no issue, but they have had <2000 rms systems, not sure if that matters

id suggest getting a quote from mike singer at singer alternators, see where his price range lands for you, for me, his price was a good deal cheaper for same power alt then some of the competitors i got quotes from and he has a great reputation in the car audio community for multiple reasons and ive heard nothing but good things about his alts

also hoping for a used one from a more reputable company or saving up is the other way to go

Ive heard of singer alternators but actually forgot them when i was considering my options. gonna give em a call tomorrow.

for right now then i just run an extra battery in the back to hold you off until you by a ho alt

CAR

-2005 Ford Mustang (Legand Lime)

H/U

-Pioneer avh 3200dvd

Amps

2 AQ 3500d.1s strapped 1ohm daily .25burps

1Sundown Audio 100.4

1 Sundown Audio 125.2

Subs

4 AQ HDC'4s 12's

Mids and highs

4 Sundown Neo Pro 8s