Some good 6x9's with a lot of bass for under $150

Vooloco

I'm looking for some good 6x9's with good deep bass. I know they can't compare to subs , but there wouldn't really be a point to put subs in a jeep wrangler. I was looking at and actually ordered some alpine type r 6x9's, but then I read more reviews and they said the bass wasn't very good on them. So then I found some rockfords, and people say they have pretty good bass. I might sell me type r's and get the rockfords, but I don't know yet. Any suggestions or other Spears I should consider?

alpine's: http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_8552_Alpine-SPR-69C.html

rockford's: http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_19510_Rockford-Fosgate-Power-T1693.html#tabs

Thanks

I'm looking for some good 6x9's with good deep bass. I know they can't compare to subs , but there wouldn't really be a point to put subs in a jeep wrangler.

Thanks

What do your mean wouldnt be a point to put subs in a wrangler? Sure, its prolly not going to hit good on a meter, but, my cousin way back in the day had a ported 12" cerwing vega in a suzuki sumarai ragtop and it sounded good and you could hear him coming for several blocks!!

2000 zx2: Rebuild with 8 12s on a 10k underway!!

MY BUILD LOG

I'm looking for some good 6x9's with good deep bass. I know they can't compare to subs , but there wouldn't really be a point to put subs in a jeep wrangler.

Thanks

What do your mean wouldnt be a point to put subs in a wrangler? Sure, its prolly not going to hit good on a meter, but, my cousin way back in the day had a ported 12" cerwing vega in a suzuki sumarai ragtop and it sounded good and you could hear him coming for several blocks!!

I guess what i meant to say is that I don't really want one in it for multiple reasons.

i personally wouldn't buy 6x9's for bass.

if you're looking for midbass, go with a 5.25 or 6.75 component set.

I already have the box for 6x9's so that's what I have to get.

Just cut new baffles and get some 6.5's....you'll be happier!

1998 SS/T Ram Build Log

- Kenwood KVT-514 and KNA-G510 Navigation

- 2 DC Level 3 12"

- Components???

- Sundown ???

- Sundown???

- Knu Konceptz

- Second Skin Dampy Pro

- XS D6500

Look Man im the guy to go to when it comes to a system in a jeep I have 6x9s they sound decent in mine but it doesnt compare to a sub. It could be a 10 or 18 sub. It will sound alot better than playing 6x9s expecting bass. Do you want a System behind the back seat or what??? Build a box for 5 1/4s on top of the fenderwells. Get Kick panels. You will love the kick panels im jealous of my friends jeep who has them.

2001 Dodge Ram Quad Cab.

Dude If you have a yj get a shallow ten mount amp under rear seat shoot give me a minute. You can just mount your sub in your rear seat EDIT: Link to in seat sub http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fmpokgq1ImI. Link to kick panels and other goodies

2001 Dodge Ram Quad Cab.

Archived