What tools to get?!

Good tools can be CRAZY expensive and they add up fast. Thats why I love hand-me-downs. I don't car if my grandpa's jig saw is 25 years old, it still cuts wood!! Haha. I have gotten a bunch of stuff like sanders, clamps, and grinders from him.

I always just go to my dads house and kinda just start taking tools from him for my house. Its coo with him though, cause my tool box is a little more organized then his, so when he needs something its easier to just come by over here and get it. Tools at work is another thing though, i probably have 20k+ invested in my toolbox, and now the box at home slowly starting to build to.

2006 GMC Yukon
Pioneer HU

SHCA ran throughout

Crescendo BC3500

One 18 AA Mayhem in a 4th order

ZED Levithian 6 channel

Rainbow Dual 6.5 comps ran Active
matt142-1-1.jpg
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155628-matt14s-yukon-mayhem-in-a-4th-ordernew-amps-and-bats/page-3

socket set

winches

clamps for the boxes

Do you have any basic hand tools, like sockets,ratchets, screwdrivers.... Also i would invest in a jigsaw and a circular saw. Did your dad give you a budget of how much you can spend? Also a good set of battery cable cutters to cut into some 1/0g. The set i have cut through like butter. Soldering iron would also be a good investment.

i have all the basic tools.

and my dad said to get everything on paper and added up and he will see if he wants to pay that much. so im most likely gonna put everything on there and see his expression and get a laugh outa it.

Panel poppers are nice to have if your going to do alot of dismantling of your vehicle.

my door panels r held in by 3 screws and like 4 of those plastic rivet things. comes off with ease.

so so far i have:

router, drill, clamps, soldering iron, heavy duty cable cutters, DMM, DD-1, annd a shop vac

18" Sundown Zv4 D2
JL 1000/1 V1
XS Power D3200

Jigsaw, Pencil, straight edge, large compass, tape measure, or 3 ;) and a screw gun with #2 tip and a few drill bits is all you really need to build a box. I built boxes for many O years with just these things. Everything else you add will make your life easier but aren't necessary

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Good tools can be CRAZY expensive and they add up fast. Thats why I love hand-me-downs. I don't car if my grandpa's jig saw is 25 years old, it still cuts wood!! Haha. I have gotten a bunch of stuff like sanders, clamps, and grinders from him.

I always just go to my dads house and kinda just start taking tools from him for my house. Its coo with him though, cause my tool box is a little more organized then his, so when he needs something its easier to just come by over here and get it. Tools at work is another thing though, i probably have 20k+ invested in my toolbox, and now the box at home slowly starting to build to.

my dads only buying me these tools cuz i am going to college next year for business and finance and other classes and ima open my own car audio shop so he wants me to be able to start off good.

and if anything my birthday is in like 2 months and 3 days ill get more tools then

18" Sundown Zv4 D2
JL 1000/1 V1
XS Power D3200

Getting in the habit of wearing hearing and dust protection young is a good start. MDF and fiberglass dust is no joke when ya start weezin like us ol folk ;)

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)