TeamHT Posted September 11, 2011 Report Posted September 11, 2011 LOL @ realists called haters. Here's a quote to ponder. "Optimists and dreamers looked up into the sky and believed we could fly. Pessimists created the parachute, and realists enjoy both." I guess you're referring to me bud? I feel if you dont have something good to say dont say it. That's that. You can hit me with an internet quote if you want, but why try and agree to spoiling a mans dreams? Help him out tell him what he needs to make his dream sucessful. Of course his dream is'nt going to be easy, but whos dream will be? I wasnt necissarily saying loudbimmer is a hater, I just said haters will be haters. If OP did'nt say it was an idea in his first post I would say he is being a "realist" but he said its an IDEA, so there for help give him positive suggestions on his idea. That being said I guess I'm an optimist? But who cares? I am referring to anyone who thinks, "Do you have financing? Do you know how to manage a restaurant?" and is then labelled a hater. How is that hating? Please tell me where anyone said anything degrading in an attempt to bring down his dreams? LOL, you say hater yet I say simple minded. OP has posted that this idea most likely will never happen, so it's just a thread for shits and giggles. But as a landlord, business owner, and entrepreneur I know what it takes to make a business work. Do you? Have you owned a business? Have you ever had to survive on the hopes of a business? Do you have any experience? If not, all you say is merely glitter and poppycock. I'm lucky I live in Alaska where our economy is pretty self sufficient and not in the dire situation the lower 48 is. Thanks bud. To the OP, if you are serious about this, then anything you would consider "hating" should merely be used as a checklist. If someone says your idea won't work, then go back to the drawing board and figure out if there is truth to that statement. If someone asks, do you have the experience to manage a business? Think constructively and ask yourself...do you? If not, then do online classes, research, read, and become as knowledgeable as possible. Then take the time to have some back up plans. Going off of the idea I get from reading through your content show an unsteady employment career with money being tight nearly everywhere. This is not hating, it is an accurate statement which means that bank financing is not your ONLY concern here. You will have to be able to survive while the business begins. So a savings account will DEFINITELY help. My first business took 7 months before it was actually PAYING me. Just food for thought Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?
hershy314 Posted September 11, 2011 Author Report Posted September 11, 2011 I know if I offered a discount to all SMD members I'd get hella support lol. I know some of you live close to St Louis. http://athphotography.deviantart.com/ http://www.youtube.com/user/hershy314
TeamHT Posted September 11, 2011 Report Posted September 11, 2011 But then there would have to be an SMD badge, lol Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?
bassrace Posted September 11, 2011 Report Posted September 11, 2011 I'm 19 years old no I hav'nt ran a company, but I'm not a complete asshole either. If it's just a thread for shits and giggles to you then do'nt even post in it, it should not be worth your time hearing how sucessful you are. Just because I dont have experience with running a business does'nt mean my opinion is poppycock and glitter. Since your soo sucessful and Great help him out give him ideas and experience before hes filled up on nuts and shining from the glitter. 145.9@40hz 145.3@34hz big 3 X2 group 34 Deka Group 31 All 0/1 awg jl meta wire Alpine CDA 7894 Orion HCCA D5000 2 AQ HDC312's Crunch gpv1100.2 (for 6.5"s only) AQ pro audio 6.5" - 3 sets AQ supertweeters - 2 sets 2000 Slamry
hershy314 Posted September 11, 2011 Author Report Posted September 11, 2011 I know there is a lot that I don't know bout doing something like this. Some class will help, but I've never been good with reading and trying to remember what I just read. I do best by just doing it. Course thats not saying that I can just learn as I go when it comes to running a business, but I do have family who had owned their own businesses in years past. I don't know why they stopped, nor is it my concern. I would like to remind people that yes this is only an idea right now. I'm past the age now that I gotta think bout my future, yeah I screwed up on that in the past. Working 2 part time jobs isn't going to get me anywhere. Only things thats doing is cause me more stress. So if anyone has an idea thats more logical please tell me. Yes going back to school is in my plans for when I head back home. http://athphotography.deviantart.com/ http://www.youtube.com/user/hershy314
TeamHT Posted September 11, 2011 Report Posted September 11, 2011 I'm 19 years old no I hav'nt ran a company, but I'm not a complete asshole either. If it's just a thread for shits and giggles to you then do'nt even post in it, it should not be worth your time hearing how sucessful you are. Just because I dont have experience with running a business does'nt mean my opinion is poppycock and glitter. Since your soo sucessful and Great help him out give him ideas and experience before hes filled up on nuts and shining from the glitter. Blah blah blah is all I hear. You have not, so then you in fact have nothing truly constructive to offer a man who dreams of opening a business. Think about it...you want to learn architecture. Do you go to someone who has the knowledge and experience, or 19 year olds who have never done it? People, whether directly or indirectly, are pointing out trials his business will face. So take it for what it is and use it to better the chances. Saying you can do it is not enough to have a successful business. And please put a lid on your insecurity, not once was I trying to talk about how successful I am. I did give some advice, you just refused to read. OP, I hope you take the posts for what they are. Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?
hershy314 Posted September 11, 2011 Author Report Posted September 11, 2011 teamht, only thing I get from your posts is negativity. Others have shown some support and true some have asked question such as about finacing and if I have experience running a store. And I have answered such questions. I'm sure where you live having your own business is easier than it is where I am. Honestly if it was easy I don't think I'd even think bout it. I know I may not make any money in the first year, but as long as I'm able to pay suppliers, the employees, and whatever else I'm good. I know for a fact that this would take a while to make me any money, thats fine. I wanted something that was different than whats out there. http://athphotography.deviantart.com/ http://www.youtube.com/user/hershy314
bassrace Posted September 11, 2011 Report Posted September 11, 2011 I'm 19 years old no I hav'nt ran a company, but I'm not a complete asshole either. If it's just a thread for shits and giggles to you then do'nt even post in it, it should not be worth your time hearing how sucessful you are. Just because I dont have experience with running a business does'nt mean my opinion is poppycock and glitter. Since your soo sucessful and Great help him out give him ideas and experience before hes filled up on nuts and shining from the glitter. Blah blah blah is all I hear. You have not, so then you in fact have nothing truly constructive to offer a man who dreams of opening a business. Think about it...you want to learn architecture. Do you go to someone who has the knowledge and experience, or 19 year olds who have never done it? People, whether directly or indirectly, are pointing out trials his business will face. So take it for what it is and use it to better the chances. Saying you can do it is not enough to have a successful business. And please put a lid on your insecurity, not once was I trying to talk about how successful I am. I did give some advice, you just refused to read. OP, I hope you take the posts for what they are. So you're only right if you've done it before? In some things this may be the case, but as in positive input and ideas it is not. With the financial part of it that is not for us to decide, but loans and other options can make it happen. And I did read what you wrote and imho what I get from it is you think you're better than anybody that you feel is under you. 145.9@40hz 145.3@34hz big 3 X2 group 34 Deka Group 31 All 0/1 awg jl meta wire Alpine CDA 7894 Orion HCCA D5000 2 AQ HDC312's Crunch gpv1100.2 (for 6.5"s only) AQ pro audio 6.5" - 3 sets AQ supertweeters - 2 sets 2000 Slamry
DeepBassAddiction Posted September 11, 2011 Report Posted September 11, 2011 our fam personally ran a seafood restaurant with a bar. we made some banging food man i worked in a kitchen from age 11 to 19. until sadly a deep fryer was over turned onto my grand mother... its hard work man but once u get it going its awesome man. GOOD LUCK! -My Box BuildLog- -FREE DDZ's-
TeamHT Posted September 11, 2011 Report Posted September 11, 2011 Ok. Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.