DC Sound Lab

Fuurrrrkkkkkk u DC Audio. What should I do?

Ok I currently have 2 12” Kickers. I was thinking about getting a custom box built to hold 4 12” Kickers but I decided to go more power, considering my space. So bye bye kicker.

And I have my eyes on 2 12" DC Audio’s Lvl 4 or 2 12" XL. At first it was definitely the DC Audio Lvl 4 (FTMFCSW) just based on my current system I would be better able to handle 2k watts but I am thinking should I just get the 3k watts and hold off with their install until I get the money for a new H.O. alternator and battery (plus battery for trunk)?

If I got the Lvl 4’s I would have them up and running within a week but the XL’s might have to sit for a month until I am at least able to upgrade alternator and stock battery.

So what do everyone think? I am interested to hear people that’s that have gone Lvl4 and upgraded to XL. I assume you loved the upgrade but how noticeable was it. I know the lvl 4’s should do the trick but I think eventually I want like to get the XL’s. But maybe the Lvl 4’s will blow my mind….. Oh I drive a 2006 Mazda 3.

Edited by brownm3

Ok I currently have 2 12” Kickers. I was thinking about getting a custom box built to hold 4 12” Kickers but I decided to go more power, considering my space. So bye bye kicker.

And I have my eyes on 2 12" DC Audio’s Lvl 4 or 2 12" XL. At first it was definitely the DC Audio Lvl 4 (FTMFCSW) just based on my current system I would be better able to handle 2k watts but I am thinking should I just get the 3k watts and hold off with their install until I get the money for a new H.O. alternator and battery (plus battery for trunk)?

If I got the Lvl 4’s I would have them up and running within a week but the XL’s might have to sit for a month until I am at least able to upgrade alternator and stock battery.

So what do everyone think? I am interested to hear people that’s that have gone Lvl4 and upgraded to XL. I assume you loved the upgrade but how noticeable was it. I know the lvl 4’s should do the trick but I think eventually I want like to get the XL’s. But maybe the Lvl 4’s will blow my mind….. Oh I drive a 2006 Mazda 3.

DC is great it all depends on you do you want to wait or have it a.s.a.p. I would go for the XL's . you have listened to the kickers this long I would hold out a little longer. but that's just me

Hi SMD Members If anybody has computer problems and is an SMD member with at least 150 posts I will fix your problems for free by phone support or I can also fix your computer over the internet.... I have references such as All State insurance, Nationwide Insurance and much more... just p.m me for help.. I am not the greatest with when it comes to audio systems so I figured I could contribute to the forum this way.... Thanks David

I also will tell you to wait for the xls bed jade there will be no real need to upgrade subs for years... You can just upgrade power :D

1 Crossfire XS v2 15"

2 Deka group31a's

1 XS Power D3400 (under hood)

1 Addictive Audio 500.1 :D

1 Rockford 3sixty.2

4 Crescendo pwx 6.5s

2 Pyle Pro Super tweets

1 Crescendo 1000c4

Kenwood excelon x494 Head unit

Big Three upgrade

All 0 gauge of course

1 4.56c^ft box @28hz

(New Best official db score= 151.2 @ 36hz)

Lvl 4s wont really take 2k daily. An XL will. At about the 1500-2000 watts a piece is when i'd look to XLs. Im a firm believer in getting the top subs and upgrading power as you go. A FUCKTON cheaper then gett lvl 4s and 2 months later having to up to xls because your 4s cant take more power. Likewise from xls to lvl 5s and that goes for anything. I think you would notice an decent increase moving to the XLs once you have the power to feed them.

DC is great it all depends on you do you want to wait or have it a.s.a.p. I would go for the XL's . you have listened to the kickers this long I would hold out a little longer. but that's just me

Yeah I have had those kickers for yeeaarrrrrsss. After I graduated college I have been working and paying bills. Now I am making a little money and have been wanting to do this since i got my car.

I also will tell you to wait for the xls bed jade there will be no real need to upgrade subs for years... You can just upgrade power :D

Yeah I definitely think I am getting power hungry and plan to push my Mazda to the limits.

Lvl 4s wont really take 2k daily. An XL will. At about the 1500-2000 watts a piece is when i'd look to XLs. Im a firm believer in getting the top subs and upgrading power as you go. A FUCKTON cheaper then gett lvl 4s and 2 months later having to up to xls because your 4s cant take more power. Likewise from xls to lvl 5s and that goes for anything. I think you would notice an decent increase moving to the XLs once you have the power to feed them.

Buying the right equipment the first time ALWAYS saves money in the long run. Get the xl's.

TEAM FLEX ISSUES, TEAM DC AUDIO

2010 California State Finals Champion MECA AS2

2011 California State Champion Meca S2

2011 California State Record holder Meca S2

2012 Meca Mod 4 class 152.5 and rising

Haha you f***ing a$$hole. For a second i was thinking about going back to my DC Audio Rep and getting a quote for the Lvl 5's.