Sonic Electronix

2nd pair of Rockford Power series 6.5 co-ax's to go on me. This time around, the tweets lasted all of a day. On top of that, they weren't even seeing rated power.

My question is, any experience with a pair of 6.5 inch coax's that will get LOUD, sound good and handle some power, while still being cost efficient? Is it possible?? :)

2010 Altima Coupe

Kenwood DNX9990HD

JL C5 components

Rockford T1692's

JL HD600/4

JL HD 750/1

JL 12W7AE 2.5 cubes @ 33hz

if you are under powering them and blowing them, then you are over clipping them

1969 Chevy Chevelle

20/22" staggered Bonspeed Huntingtons wrapped in Nitto INVO's

Mechman 250amp cs144 alt w/AVBM

Kinetik 1800 main battery/Kinetik 2400 in the trunk

Pioneer AVH-3200dvd Headunit

(2) sets of Hybrid Audio Technologies Imagine components up front

(2) DD 3512's d4 coils

Sundown sax100.4 component amp

Sundown saz-3000d subwoofer amp

5ft^3 box tuned to 34hz

MY BUILD

I myself have blown one rockford tweeter. I blew one my tweeters off the t1652-s component kit.

I am running the tweeters at 4 ohms per channel (only running two tweeters) on a DC Audio 175.4 amp. For the 6.5's i have them running at 2 ohms per channel (im just using two channels for the mids and the other two for the highs) off the same 175.4 amp. I have only blown one tweeter because i had given it too much power. Im not trying to say you did it wrong at all im just trying to offer my help with this so please dont take it the wrong way... Did you hear any bit of crackling with the tweeters whenever you played music? If you heard even the slightest bit of crackle (similar to listening to rice krispies in a bowl of milk or opening up a piece of candy in a plastic wrapper or that your artists voices sound like they have a lisp when you know they dont sing/talk like this) then you are overpowering the tweeters just a little too much. I had a small amount of this crackling on my tweeters and i froze the diaphragm of the one tweeter the other one is still working like a champ. I tried to run just the tweeters on passive and active crossovers with the crackling so i went to my 3sixty.2 and turned down the output on my tweeter channels a little till the crackling stopped. Then i ran it like that for awhile with great success and i decided to take the passive crossovers out completely so i was running it all active. I am to this day still running a full active crossover network and an very happy with the results of it.

What i would say is listen to your tweeters closely and see if you hear any bit of that crackling or hissing noise i mentioned previously in the post when you play the music because it means you have too much power going to the tweeter. For the mids, i am blasting on them with full unclipped power and am not holding back on any of it.

If you could, please tell me what your crossover network is? Do you have passive or active crossovers? What slope are they set to as well as the frequency?

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

I smell dirty power

It very well could be clipping to all hell but i know for a 100% fact that mine wasnt clipping or distorting. The tweeter just couldnt handle the power it was being tossed at full tilt. Plus when they were like that, the highs were extremely harsh so i had to back the volume off on the tweeters channels within my 3sixty to make it better. The mids can take a ton of power but the highs from what ive noticed dont like taking that much power, plus they get loud at low power as it is.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

Problem solved. I let my brother drive my car LOL. EQ was WAYYYY out of whack when I checked everything out. Threw in some JL C3's after work today.

Amp - rockford t400-4

Thanks for the input guys! Careful who you let drive your car :D

Edited by 863JOE

2010 Altima Coupe

Kenwood DNX9990HD

JL C5 components

Rockford T1692's

JL HD600/4

JL HD 750/1

JL 12W7AE 2.5 cubes @ 33hz