Numatik's XXL Python Vivarium

Metal fab isnt all I do, I do wood work as well. Check this out! :

I posted a few pics of this build in my S-20 project thread, but decided it needed its own thread.

I collect Pythons, and I have for years. I got my first Burmese Python when I was 13 years old and raised him into a 10+ Albino. He later died of a rabbit attack (yes its ironic, but now I kill all feeder rabbits fed to the big guys and girls). After he died I adopted a small young female, and brought her home. At the time my son was a youngster, crawling still. So I had to take my S-20s old frame table and build a 4' tall platform to put the snake on for safety. In my house, its safety first, especially with the large pythons. You hear of stupid people on the news who has a giant snake that kills and eats children, and its always the owners fault for careless situations. Well NOT in my house, we take it VERY seriously around here.

Heres the current cage in my livingroom:

IMG_0273.jpg

IMG_0424.jpg

Here is the new one:

The first panels made. Notice the green wall in the backroom. We have been remodeling this room for about a week turning it into a jungle themed room. My girl has a bunch of exotic plants that are being planted in there plus some fake ones to take up space

IMG_0411.jpg

IMG_0412.jpg

IMG_0413.jpg

IMG_0414.jpg

Next I busted out the router and started on the doors. To be protected by a monster size snake we used 1/2in plexi

IMG_0418.jpg

IMG_0417.jpg

taped and painted jungle green

IMG_0420.jpg

IMG_0421.jpg

completed

IMG_0429.jpg

IMG_0430.jpg

This is the front face panel. the two lonnng openings on the for the front doors. 2 doors on top, 2 doors on bottom, mounted right next to each other and they will fold up. We are looking for actuators to use similer to the ones on SUVs when you open the door and it pulls itself up. You cant see in this pic, but one side is green (inside side) and the other side is brown which is the external color of the cage, again to go with the jungle themed room

IMG_0428.jpg

With these large pythons, they are not a one maned snake, thats how people die. So if you dont have a second person around to spot you while you get the snake out to fill water, you cant. And yes I said when you take the snake out to fill water. Burmese Pythons are very territorial, so if your in THERE house, your food, so its there natural instinct to attack you. When snakes are smaller you can pin them down with the snake hook and pore water in. But try that with my 100lb snake and see how it works out for ya...

So I decided to make these watering pipes, and cemented them in place

IMG_0422.jpg

Mounted to the outside of the cabe, there are two taps to pore water in, and it goes right into there swimming pool without having to pull the snake out

IMG_0426.jpg

IMG_0425.jpg

I didnt get a pic, but both heating lamps are mounted inside one in each cage. The wiring is coming out the back and is ziptied up until its time to connect the thermostat. Today we should be getting the faceplate on and the doors mounted and hinged. We are still trying to find the actuator type things I stated above, but didnt see anything like it at home depot except for door shutters, and we want the opposite. Also people are wondering why I build two monsterous cages when I only have one giant snake, and thats because im picking a new baby Burmese Python very VERY soon, and when I do il post pics.

Heres some pics of my big girl thats going into one of these cages. Meet Gillian, shes around 14' when she stretches out, and is 100lbs:

DSCN2128.jpg

DSCN2132.jpg

Notice my 55lb or so Basset hound named Switches. He is also possible prey to this snake so he gets sent outside when she comes out.

DSCN2134.jpg

Should have more picture updates up tonight or 2marro

Gary 'Numatik' Eberle

West Sacramento, California

Vehicle build log (1) 'Aayla' Numatik's one and only, bodydropped pasted the doors Chevy S-20 Ext-Ext cab. This project ended after a horrible horrible motorcycle accident. There are so many mods it would fill an entire page in my sig. Check it out if you have A LOT of time to kill. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/39785-numatiks-doored-s-20-bodydropped-on-doors-ext-ext-cab-10-subs-full-frame-build/?hl=%20numatik#39;s

Vehicle build log (2) 'Snow White' Daily/showstopper 2004 Chevy Silverado

Lays on 22s soon for 26s to run a beefy tire on 4s (4) 5gal tanks, (3)AZOB2 pumps, Slam digital stealth two speed valves with 16 solenoids, Slam SS bags all around, ART upper and lower arms, KP Components 6-link, KP Components watts link, Panther juice 6 22s, Spikes EVERYWHERE. 3,600WRMS total, (5) Kicker amps, (2) L7 15s under raised back seats, 15" screen molded to dash, 36 speakers total all Mb Quartz and Fosgate. Fiberglass console with removable face plates and arm rests, flushed speakers, lots of toggle switches, Playstation 2, rear view camera, Suede and leather seats, suede headliner, Dakota Digital air gauges, voltage gauges, and current draw gauges. (2) XS Power 4800 batteries, Whole truck is flat black and white and the

ENTIRE truck is fully pin striped by TJ Pagano here in Sacramento.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/123328-numatiks-bagged-2004-silverado/

smdsig1.png

"What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. I am proof" - Numatik

I LOVE REPTILES SICK!!

http://www.stevemead...f-system-build/

2001 VW GTI with a 1.8T motor

BIG 3

Pioneer AVH-4200DVD DOUBLE DIN HEAD UNIT 6 - 4 VOLT PREOUTS

RF T1500-BDCP (running at 2 ohm)

RF T400.4

RF T1 D212 x2 (in ported box)

RF 1/0 TO 4 GAUGE distribution block x 2

all stinger wires

200a alternator (SINGER ALT)

RF T2652-S (6.5 MID BASS AND 1" TWEETS in front and rear)

KINETIC HC 800 BATTERY (Front)

KINETIC HC 1200 BATTERY (BACK)

120ft of 1/0 stinger blue and clear matt

20ft of 4 gauge stinger blue and clear matt

30ft of 8 gauge stinger blue and clear matt

100ft of 12 gauge stinger speaker wire black

HOLY SNAKES that's a big snake haha!

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

I LOVE REPTILES SICK!!

ME TOO!! Its like a super expensive drug you can never get enough of!!

HOLY SNAKES that's a big snake haha!

Shes only a baby, shes only 6 years old. She will def hit the 20' mark, and shes in a BIG growthspurt right now, so every day shes a little bigger. its crazy to watch something grow so fast, literally. If any locals wanna come handle her with me im down!! its a 2-3 man operation

She is only going to get bigger haha...how often do you feed???

You said it brotha, and your exactly right. Shes young and shes growing! She eats a 8-12lb rabbit every two weeks. She goes through some summer periods where we feed her weekly, cause she needs to have alot of body weight (not fat) in case she goes on another 6 month hunger strike. I dont think she will but were ready if she does. Shes doing much better this year then last year. Wanna see a scary comparison?

This is her not to long ago at all:

DSCN2128.jpg

and this was last december:

165519_10150376842700721_758140720_16369550_5592189_n.jpg

She grew ALOT she was prob around 9' now shes around 14' and has filled in alot. I love this snake to death. I get very attached to my reptiles. Im getting a new Burmese baby int he next few months! I'll start another thread showing the stages you go through to tame these snakes. They will make some cool videos 8)

Gary 'Numatik' Eberle

West Sacramento, California

Vehicle build log (1) 'Aayla' Numatik's one and only, bodydropped pasted the doors Chevy S-20 Ext-Ext cab. This project ended after a horrible horrible motorcycle accident. There are so many mods it would fill an entire page in my sig. Check it out if you have A LOT of time to kill. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/39785-numatiks-doored-s-20-bodydropped-on-doors-ext-ext-cab-10-subs-full-frame-build/?hl=%20numatik#39;s

Vehicle build log (2) 'Snow White' Daily/showstopper 2004 Chevy Silverado

Lays on 22s soon for 26s to run a beefy tire on 4s (4) 5gal tanks, (3)AZOB2 pumps, Slam digital stealth two speed valves with 16 solenoids, Slam SS bags all around, ART upper and lower arms, KP Components 6-link, KP Components watts link, Panther juice 6 22s, Spikes EVERYWHERE. 3,600WRMS total, (5) Kicker amps, (2) L7 15s under raised back seats, 15" screen molded to dash, 36 speakers total all Mb Quartz and Fosgate. Fiberglass console with removable face plates and arm rests, flushed speakers, lots of toggle switches, Playstation 2, rear view camera, Suede and leather seats, suede headliner, Dakota Digital air gauges, voltage gauges, and current draw gauges. (2) XS Power 4800 batteries, Whole truck is flat black and white and the

ENTIRE truck is fully pin striped by TJ Pagano here in Sacramento.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/123328-numatiks-bagged-2004-silverado/

smdsig1.png

"What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. I am proof" - Numatik

i would shit bricks if i saw that thing i dont care how friendly it is

You know how you avoid that? Man the fuck up and bang her best friend sister mom cousin worst enemy and never look back.

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE

Seeing snakes eat is fascinating...how often does she shed? I'm assuming quite often lol

comic on tv: I got a concussion from playing t-ball when i was younger, we dont really have time to go into that!

15 seconds pass

my girl: no one pitches to you in t-ball, do they???

i would shit bricks if i saw that thing i dont care how friendly it is

fucking this. :shok:

Quote fail...had to fix it lol

Bunch of girls...lol...she seams pretty tame, and if you have been around snakes you know when they are going to be the most aggressive...as in close to feeding time and when they are about to shed...just need to be extra careful with the larger snakes

comic on tv: I got a concussion from playing t-ball when i was younger, we dont really have time to go into that!

15 seconds pass

my girl: no one pitches to you in t-ball, do they???

Archived