Sonic Electronix

Power Acoustik A3000db = Me Pissed Off

i finally got my a3000db picked up,and while i was there they said they put in some n248's instead of n246's so it should be more powerful a lil.well i hooked it up after taking out the db drive 1200 and the power acoustik sounds like ass,there no lows well there is but hardly no sound more like a woofer flop and a lil air movement,and theres no highs,you used to feel it in your chest and now you cant feel nothing.theres barely any sound coming uot of the woofer and its moving a good bit.i tweeked and tweeked i messed with all my setting set them every way i can i dont know what else to do any ideas?

1998 gmc sierra

h/u:eclipse cd3200

sub:dd9518g d1.5

amp:jl e300/4

sub amp:dd m2a

front stage:id ctx65cs

dc power 270 alt

lots of kicker 1/0

Sounds to me like you have the sub out of phase go check your wiring I am pretty positive you got a wire backwards somewhere.

Image15-5.jpg

"MY RIDE"

1987 Chevy Cavalier Z24 2.8L V6 -- CB Radio with PA speaker

Head Unit: 7 inch Jensen Flip-out -- Speakers: 4 Visonik 6 1/2s and 4 Visonik 6x9s

Subwoofer: One Audiobahn 18 - Sub Amp: Power Acoustik OV1-2000d 2000 watt monoblock amp --

Battery in back - Kinetic HC600 -- Sub box: Custom built 5 cubic foot tuned to 30 hertz

Coming soon: Bigger Highs Amp, Power inverter

"WhItE bOi AuDiO"

"FEAR THE DUCK"

tried that to.hooked them up backwards and the sub was hittin in instead of out.so swapped them back out,it was beatin hard with the 1200 and i took it out and immediately put the power acoustik in

1998 gmc sierra

dc power 270 alt

lots of kicker 1/0

Well I don't know was you getting a repair on your amp?

Image15-5.jpg

"MY RIDE"

1987 Chevy Cavalier Z24 2.8L V6 -- CB Radio with PA speaker

Head Unit: 7 inch Jensen Flip-out -- Speakers: 4 Visonik 6 1/2s and 4 Visonik 6x9s

Subwoofer: One Audiobahn 18 - Sub Amp: Power Acoustik OV1-2000d 2000 watt monoblock amp --

Battery in back - Kinetic HC600 -- Sub box: Custom built 5 cubic foot tuned to 30 hertz

Coming soon: Bigger Highs Amp, Power inverter

"WhItE bOi AuDiO"

"FEAR THE DUCK"

Well, they may have screwed up the polarity on one of the capacitors, but most likely it's because they put in the new n248 transistors which were probably engineered for entirely different applications. There's a reason PA used the n246's... hmm... because otherwise it made the amp sound like crap in a blender?

4 15" FI Q D2's in 12 cubes tuned to 32hz

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

-Trunk sealed off from the cabin

Custom 15.8 dual-volt switching MLA module

All in a CAR.

yes it did,i was really looking forward to getting it 1200 watts was so good so i was imagining what 2300 would and it sound like ass it makes me so mad i didnt think the transistors would have anything to do with the sound but then again i dont know to much about it,but they're gonna gear about it in a few minutes they open at ten so now i can vent it out, :angry:

1998 gmc sierra

dc power 270 alt

lots of kicker 1/0

sorry to hear about you amp woes.

but this amp does NOT put out 2300 on its best day, if youd like proof there are some clamp test done on termpro.

Could you post links? I'm interested in these tests James.

4 15" FI Q D2's in 12 cubes tuned to 32hz

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

-Trunk sealed off from the cabin

Custom 15.8 dual-volt switching MLA module

All in a CAR.