Help with University Setup

You *could* use a regular router, something basic like a WRT54G, etc, and simply plug it into your computer and go into the control panel and turn off DHCP and if it asks what type of internet connection and you have the option to hit none you can do that. And then simply plug everything into the switch using ports 1-4 (For example plug the main line into 1 and the other 2 components into 2 and 3).

What this will do is simply create almost a bridge in the network, it will work as if the router wasn't there because the router itself would not be searching for a DHCP address whatever computer or component you add to it will. Also, any devices you connect wirelessly should work as well. Just make sure you have all your devices mac addresses registered with the universities computer tech whatever if they require it, which most do.

Edited by jeffm4688

Team L.I. S.P.L

- DC XL 18 M2

- DC 3.5K

- Mechman 270

- XS & Shuriken batts

I love how he states that he definitely has routers and everyone stll says he doesn't. Fail for OP! :clapping:

They are routers... i know the difference dude...

I love how he has 4 years of degrees in computing but cant figure out how to work a simple internet connection

And just because i have 4 years of degrees in computing does not mean i can set up a router on a network that is set up not to allow them.

Either way for both of you I'll just ignore that you were trying to belittle me which is against the rules of this forum and let you know i have since got the ROUTER connected... Fucking assholes...

I was actually just joking dude.

2004 Ford Mustang GTPioneer DEH-P7200HD head unitMach 460 Factory System

Cadence FXA1600.2

Cadence S2W10

Cadence 4 AWG wiring

Ported box, 2 cubes, 32 hertz