What Type of Fuse?

They are slightly different, Most of the time MIDI fuses are a little smaller for the entire fuseblock than a ANL. The other difference is that the MIDI fuses are for medium range amperage where ANL is made for very high amperage fusing. iirc, MIDI goes up to around 120 amps max whereas ANL goes up to 500 sometimes even more.

What kind of system do you have for your amps? I can tell you what fuse would be best for you.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

Yea ill be honest i never saw a MIDI fuse that high for rating but if you can find one go for it. I personally like my ANL fuses but hey a fuse is a fuse, as long as it pops if my wire is shorted out im fine with it.

Also, just to make you aware if your not, do not exceed the current limit of your power wire. For example, dont use a 300 amp fuse on wire that is only capable of carrying a max of 250 amps. The fuses are made to stop current flow if you have a short or overload the wire to protect against it catching on fire.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

correct me if im wrong the 1/0 hyper flex power wire kicker makes could handle at or more than the 300a? well i have 1 an a half spools of the 50ft so i hope it will be good enough...

edit: http://www.darvex.com/store/pc/XScorpion-300-Amp-Platinum-Blue-LED-Mini-ANL-MIDI-Fuse-62p932.htm <<<<this is what i am talking about... i'm a f-ing jew when it comes to money. i always want the best deal if im buying something with hard earned money

Yes the kicker wire will work with 300 amps. If you really want to be safe a 250 amp would be perfect but a 300 will be good as well.

Youre welcome man. Also for using the wire to connect two batteries together you MUST use a fuse on both ends of the batteries about 2 feet max away from the positive terminal of BOTH batteries. If you dont do this and your wire shorts out, it will keep the current flowing, cause a fire, and you will have a nice and toasty car.

Archived