Second Skin Audio

2 12" Kicker Comp

kicker comps sell online for $50 each brand new. just sayin

1999 Audi A4 1.8T:::

4 - DC Level 3 10's in a 4th order

Rockford P6002 on Subs for now (3-3.5k coming eventually)

MB Quart ONX4.60 for Mids and Highs

Boston S50 Components in Front

Boston S65 Coaxials in Rear

40 Sq Ft of Second Skin Damplifier

Build Thread

UBL

1948 Plymouth

the 2 12" comps was my fist system and they are a great entry level sub, but i do regret not getting an alpine type-r. rockfords are good and ive never heard pioneer or kenwood. but if ytou want to skip the BS, buy a dc. they slam

2001 buick park avenue

temporary setup:

2 12" type x's

AQ2200

NEW BUILD SOON

DC/AQ

Hey Mike, I actually bought 2 Kicker Comp 12s about a week ago for the same price and I plan on using them for my first personal build as well. I just learned how to use Torres' Box Tuning Calculator this past weekend and I've already started drawing up a sketch and some planned dimensions for a ported box (trying to get it tuned to 34 Hz or so atm) so I could let you know how it goes if you want me to. But I'd say that if you're just starting out DIY like I am then it'd be better to start off with something not so expensive. Once you learn how to pull all the different elements together, then I agree with what the other guy said about getting something like DC that'll be a worthwhile investment.

ninja.gif Build in progress ninja.gif

Yeah, I mean I already had a 600W amp to start with from my last box (it all came together-box/2 12s/amp) so I figured this would be a good practice for teaching myself how to do ported boxes. And it's still gonna produce some boom, just no earthquakes yet :P

ninja.gif Build in progress ninja.gif

I mean bro why not spend a few more bucks and atleast get some cvr's online you can find them cheap. You're paying 100$ for two comps and that's what they cost new..... I'm not hatin on you bro but I'd rather see you atleast get a good deal.... I would go another route then pay 100$ for those, check out a pawnshop or something if ya want to stay in the 100$ range. You might find some cvr's, type r's or p3's for your price point, I bet you'd be alot happier with those then the comps or atleast talk him down quite a bit on the comps, are they new?

145.9@40hz

145.3@34hz

big 3

X2 group 34

Deka Group 31

All 0/1 awg jl meta wire

Alpine CDA 7894

Orion HCCA D5000

2 AQ HDC312's

Crunch gpv1100.2 (for 6.5"s only)

AQ pro audio 6.5" - 3 sets

AQ supertweeters - 2 sets