Sonic Electronix

im going to build a box off of my deck lid for the new skar vvx-8 sub. im thinking ported but its going to be two boxes. one on each side mounted to the deck liud and sub ounted on top of deck into the box. any ideas how i could build this box?

Lucky Durango

Sony hu

4 croosfire 6.5mids

crossfire 600.1 mono amp

American bass 1280.4 mids and highs amp

aq hdc3 12

2.4 cube net box, tuned to 34 and 14.4 inches of port per cube

In my opinion, you're going to have a tough time hanging a ported enclosure from the rear deck, much less 2 seperate. I see the weight of the box(es) being an issue, and possibly space being another.

Have any pics of the rear deck area that you're thinking about using?

edit: Looked through your pics and saw the idea you have but no pics of the actual area involved. Are you going to have the box "hanging" from the rear deck, or going from the bottom of the deck to the trunk floor?

Also, I saw it mentioned that this was a "t-line"? The drawing looks like a ported box with lots of bends to accommodate the needed port length, not a t-line as I understand one to be.

Edited by mullet

In my opinion, you're going to have a tough time hanging a ported enclosure from the rear deck, much less 2 seperate. I see the weight of the box(es) being an issue, and possibly space being another.

Have any pics of the rear deck area that you're thinking about using?

edit: Looked through your pics and saw the idea you have but no pics of the actual area involved. Are you going to have the box "hanging" from the rear deck, or going from the bottom of the deck to the trunk floor?

Also, I saw it mentioned that this was a "t-line"? The drawing looks like a ported box with lots of bends to accommodate the needed port length, not a t-line as I understand one to be.

my bad, i was told it was a t-line, and ive been debating on hanging or dropping to floor also.i think im going to build a mount to hold the boxes up ther. like a frame so i can store stuff underneath.so id bolt it to the rear deck lid and then build a cage underneath t to hold it up./

Lucky Durango

Sony hu

4 croosfire 6.5mids

crossfire 600.1 mono amp

aq hdc3 12

because i want to do something new that ive never seen done. i want it to look clean and sine im going to wall in around my trunk, you wouldnt see the case and box. you'll just see my amp and the vinyl walls. then from the deck lid you'll just see the vinyl reardeck fabric and 2 8's just chilling there with a port right in the middle. its something i havent seen and i think it will look bad@$$. just my thought. ive been thinking of ways to do it, and ive got a few ideas. my only problem is i dont know how to gauge how big to make the port. im going for the new vvx-8s by skar.

Lucky Durango

Sony hu

4 croosfire 6.5mids

crossfire 600.1 mono amp

aq hdc3 12

so do you mean the rear deck or the deck lid? the rear deck is the area under the back windshield and the deck lid would be the trunk lid

1999 Audi A4 1.8T:::

4 - DC Level 3 10's in a 4th order

Rockford P6002 on Subs for now (3-3.5k coming eventually)

MB Quart ONX4.60 for Mids and Highs

Boston S50 Components in Front

Boston S65 Coaxials in Rear

40 Sq Ft of Second Skin Damplifier

Build Thread

UBL

1948 Plymouth

so do you mean the rear deck or the deck lid? the rear deck is the area under the back windshield and the deck lid would be the trunk lid

rear deck. sorry, im having a bad couple of days. im trying to mount it to my rear deck. right under the window glass.

Lucky Durango

Sony hu

4 croosfire 6.5mids

crossfire 600.1 mono amp

aq hdc3 12