2 18s in Jeep Wrangler JK w/ Kicker amplifiers

Can't wait to see what it meters?? Should be interesting

Yup :pardon:

Didnt it put up a 147.x at the last show? Theres deffinatly room for improvement!!

shh shh not yet lol but yah 147.9 dbs on bass balling track

Do you plan on taking the advice of some of the members and giving the cvx its own sealed air space? Dosnt matter how big just put polyfil in it, it just needs to be addressed. The cvx excurts more than your mids which will cause your mids to.over excurt and jump the gap or fry all together. It's most likely the reason your mids are not that loud either. I havnt mentioned it multiple times to.blow sunshine up your ass but if you feel like replacing 4 mids very frequently then you can leave it how it is. Otherwise it needs to be fixed and not only will you not have to worry about it they will be.set up right and.I bet sound a damn site better.

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

by polyfill do u mean the foam? so just take the mids out and add that?

some beefy #2 welding wire

DSC00506.jpg

DSC00505.jpg

soldered and crimped

DSC00509.jpg

made a battery holder out of aluminum and painted it semi-gloss black

DSC00503.jpg

DSC00504.jpg

got all my wires running neatly and cut to perfect length

DSC00510.jpg

DSC00511.jpg

front stage is done

IMG01018-20110827-1655.jpg

IMG01019-20110827-1655.jpg

IMG01020-20110827-1655.jpg

feedback for more pics :popcorn:

by polyfill do u mean the foam? so just take the mids out and add that?

Its not a hard foam its like cotton the stuff you fill pillows with, it makes them think a sealed enclosure is larger than it is. Any fabric store will know what polyfil is just walk in and go buy a bag. Don't put any in till you segregate the cvx from the mids. I'm telling ya the cvx needs to be in its own sealed enclosure away from the mids.....the way yours is set up will destroy the mids that's why I keep saying take a couple hours and put a divider of some sort in. Some mdf, some thick cardboard multi layers or something else and then put polyfil in both sides. Don't pack it super full but you can add/remove to get the sound you want. It makes a difference, go to YouTube and look under my YouTube/brotheriesh. Nice mids n highs is the video extremely underpowered but there is polyfil in the door enclosure and its loud as hell and there is no reason your doors shouldn't be louder than the ones in my old truck.

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

Archived