Sundown Audio

2 SA10's in a single cab

I'm about to sell my Fi Bl 12 and was looking at the SA series subs. I've never done 10's, so i was looking at doing 2 10's (of course the box will be behind the seat). I can fit up to 2.8 cubes behind the seat, but looking at about 2.3 after port and sub displacement. My current setup does a 140.0 on the dash (at 40 hz), the box is tuned to 28 hz, and it smashes the lows like no other. I'm wanting to know what would be a good box volume and port area to run 2 10's in that would get me into that range, or hopefully higher. Also, i'll be running about 1300-1400 wrms to the pair. I know there are a lot of factors that go into how loud a setup is, so i would like to tune the box to 34 hz for a good overall sound. I've had my fun with the LOWWWWSS, but i'd like it to be a little better 45 hz and up.

Thank you.

I've modeled it in WinISD and it looks like 2.3 cubes with 30 sq in of port tuned to 34 hz will peak around 40 (theoretically). I can only fit up to 2.4 cubes so that's my volume limit. I've only modeled this though, and would like actual real world opinions on what would be best suited for me with the power i'm running.

Also, what would be louder to the meter (since both will be the same loudness to the ear): port firing drivers side, or firing passengers side?

Edited by Miles

I have a single cab f150 and from what I've been told. Either shallow subs or run SA 8's because of the size of box.

SONY XAV-701HD
RF power 400.4 RF power 1000bd

3 Sundown x8's d2
2004 f150 single cab
2 sets of components MB quart 6.5 onx (2 tweets 2 6.5 perdoor)
stock batt up fron
BIG 3

http://www.stevemead...-vid-pg-11-922/

http://www.youtube.c.../TheBigmescan74

I put two SA-10's in my brothers single cab f-350 and it was a bitch to get the box to fit perfect but we did it and they get real low. We have them in 2.25ft^3 @33hz we havnt metered it yet but I've been impressed. It's also The samewattage that you speak of

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

Wire- 1/0 awg welding lead

Electric- Big 3 ^same wire

Subs- 2 Obsidian Audio 12 d4's

Box 4ft^3 ported at 33hz. designed by Ram-Designs

if its a ram single cab you should have even more room then that, i would keep it between 2.5 and 3 cubes for them, and also i would do port up in the center, with subs up on each side.

Port up subs up in a single cab? I've never seen behind the seat in a ram single cab but if there is that much room that is bad ass!

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

Wire- 1/0 awg welding lead

Electric- Big 3 ^same wire

Subs- 2 Obsidian Audio 12 d4's

Box 4ft^3 ported at 33hz. designed by Ram-Designs

Port up subs up in a single cab? I've never seen behind the seat in a ram single cab but if there is that much room that is bad ass!

There's a ton of room in the Ram single cab trucks, compared to others. I've seen a pair of 12's done in one.

Ryan Miskin - owner of RAM Designs

I have my PM's turned off, please email at <script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

2200+ designs since March 2011...

I have a 99 Dodge. I have seen that done in a newer style dodge which has a lot more room than mine (even though 94-01 has more than any other truck excluding the post 01 Dodge's). All i can fit comfortably behind the seats is about 10" at the bottom and 7" at the top. Any more than that and it would be uncomfortable to ride in. I have already started the box though. Here's a link to it.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/120874-2-10-box-build-for-dodge-1500/

port up subs up 12s in a single cab dodge just took home 3rd place in Kaos 1 in midwestspl finals, so id say it does pretty good