RobDH Posted September 27, 2011 Report Posted September 27, 2011 I was wondering the general opinions on these http://www.infinitysystems.com/car/products/product_detail.aspx?prod=KAPPA%20PERFECT6.1&cat=COS&ser=KPE&Language=ENG&Country=US&Region=USA. Due to the fact I have friend that is able to get them at a really good price from the factory.
Johny B Posted September 27, 2011 Report Posted September 27, 2011 I like mine A LOT. I have the 5.25 front components and 5.25 rear coaxials. Hooking them up to a 4-channel soon. Only thing is I wouldn't get them unless he has a subwoofer because they don't do that great with bass 06 Chrysler 300 Pioneer avh-x8500bhs Hertz Hsk 130.4 Alpine mrp-F600 2 Dc level 4 12s Dc 2k Viper 5901 SHCA wiring KnuKonceptz RCA's SecondSkin/Fatmat Big 3-stock alt
RobDH Posted September 28, 2011 Author Report Posted September 28, 2011 Anyone else have an opinion on these ? Looking at it as a being able to get them at 65% off retail value direct from factory and buying 4-6 sets.
Bluliner Posted September 28, 2011 Report Posted September 28, 2011 I've always thought Infinity speakers have sounded 'nasal'...even their home stuff. I've never liked 'em but my ears are different than yours. It shouldn't be too hard to find an Infinity home or car audio dealer nearby so you can get a demo.
Joe X Posted October 9, 2011 Report Posted October 9, 2011 Low on bass and midbass, other than that OK.
newls1 Posted October 10, 2011 Report Posted October 10, 2011 I think there a great comp set... I dont know if any of the noobs above actually installed them "correctly" ( Sound deadned inside door, inside door face, mounted some wood mdf rings, etc.....) These speakers when amp'ed and xover'ed correctly sound amazing. I have personally played with them, and have a few people that use them back in FL on some very nice installs. I even like the tweet... Personally, I think your making a pretty decent choice, and the price being cheap for you is a win win combo I love my staffie So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny
Joe X Posted October 10, 2011 Report Posted October 10, 2011 Just check the frequency response plot, they start coming up at 80-90 Hz, they are also bright as hell but that can be managed, simply Polks MM6501 response start lower they claim 40 but lets say its 60Hz, much better, now if you are getting them for cheap then I guess that if you put midbass drivers elsewhere they will do well. Also better do not use without an amp.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.